Tianeptine

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Ghost

Tianeptine

Unread post by Ghost »

This is the official thread for Tianeptine (trade name Stablon), please use it for all further discussions.
---
Wikipedia blurb: Tianeptine is an atypical antidepressant which is used mainly in the treatment of major depressive disorder, although it may also be used to treat anxiety, asthma, and irritable bowel syndrome. In terms of chemical structure, it is technically a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA), but it has a very different drug profile than other TCAs, and is not usually grouped with them.

Tianeptine has antidepressant and anxiolytic effects with a relative lack of sedative, anticholinergic, and cardiovascular side effects. It has been found to act as an atypical agonist of the μ-opioid receptor with clinically negligible effects on the δ- and κ-opioid receptors.

Tianeptine has been found to bind to the same allosteric site on the serotonin transporter (SERT) as conventional TCAs. However, whereas conventional TCAs inhibit serotonin reuptake by the SERT, tianeptine appears to enhance it. As such, Tianeptine acts as a positive allosteric modulator of the SERT, or as a "serotonin reuptake enhancer".
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
fasttrack1982

Re: Tianeptine

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

Yes I used Tianeptine powder for a couple of months. It provided no benefits with PSSD, and no benefits for depression or anxiety for me personally. The only thing it did was reduce my apetite which enable me to lose a little weight.
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

Tianeptine made my hair look unhealthy. Nothing more. I was a month and a half on it.
Zero

Unread post by Zero »

Tianeptine decreases both serotonin transporter mRNA and binding sites in rat brain
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 0694901279
In situ hybridization histochemistry and quantitative autoradiography were used to evaluate the effects of repeated administration of the serotonin reuptake enhancer, tianeptine. Tianeptine (10 mg/kg twice daily, for 14 days) significantly reduced both the expression of serotonin transporter mRNA and serotonin transporter binding sites labeled by [3H]paraxetine in rat dorsal raphe nucleus. In median raphe nucleus, tianeptine did not change either expression of serotonin transporter mRNA or binding. This effect, which is similar to a reported effect for serotonin reuptake inhibitors, may help to explain the antidepressant effect of tianeptine.
I would not touch that.
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

How much of it did you take guys?

I'm looking at these reviews of Stablon (tianeptine) - http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14231, and it sounds very promising. Please take a look.

Tianeptine is a SSRE (selective serotonin reuptake enhancer) so it does just the opposite of SSRI's. It's even said that it "normalises" HPA axis function that I think may be correlated with our condition and it's said that it regrows dendrites in the hippocampus.

Here is it a bit more explained (from: http://www.tianeptine.com/)
Depressive illness devastates millions of lives. Tianeptine (Stablon, Coaxil, Tatinol) is a neuroprotective antidepressant that reverses the neuronal damage and lasting misery caused by chronic, uncontrolled stress. Tianeptine acts both as a non-sedating anti-anxiety agent and a non-stimulating mood-brightener. Uniquely in clinical medicine, tianeptine acts as a selective serotonin reuptake enhancer. Its puzzling efficacy as an antidepressant illustrates how little modern psychiatric medicine really understands about mind, mood and depression.

Excess cortisol causes dendritic shrinkage in the hippocampus and a contrasting growth of dendrites in the lateral amygdala. These stress-induced changes tend to lower mood; they can cause clinical depression in the genetically vulnerable. Current evidence suggests that tianeptine acts to prevent and even reverse stress-induced neural damage, promoting both neuronal survival and synaptic plasticity. Sustained use of tianeptine tends to "normalise" the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) system. Tianeptine reduces basal and stress-evoked activity of the HPA, helping its users cope in a stressful environment.
It's much much safer then SSRI with nearly none side effects or really mild ones, especially none sexual side effects as you can see users report and it's even safe to take at much larger doses than the recommended dose of 12.5mg three times a day - http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14231

I think I will try this out...
Zero

Unread post by Zero »

The atypical antidepressant and neurorestorative agent tianeptine is a μ-opioid receptor agonist
http://www.nature.com/tp/journal/v4/n7/ ... 1430a.html

Try it, it's an interesting compound, however don't take more than recommended dosage. Tianeptine could enhace serotonin reuptake via indirect mechanism, but calling it SSRE is kind of obsolete.
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

Why do you think so? I mean, my guess is they call it an SSRE for a reason, isn't that confirmed or something?

Many people think usual 37,5 mg is underdosed, they've used 300 mg in clinical trials and people go double the standard dose without any side effects. I won't do that but I just wanna say it's really safe.

After reading the expiriences of other people with this drug I can't wait to give it a try but first I wan't to get my cortisol checked as my pssd gets better after stressfull events and even after drinking coffee after a longer time...
Zero

Unread post by Zero »

DoIt wrote:Why do you think so? I mean, my guess is they call it an SSRE for a reason, isn't that confirmed or something?
Don't know. There should be at least one research which confirms that :roll: Firtst Tianeptine was SSRE, next glutamate (or something) modulator, now it's an opioid. Overall it's kind of BS.

You could probably double the dose without thinking twice, but 300mg.. I'm not sure, it could be unwise.

I'm really interested in your progress, report your findings. I took prescribed dose for a 1.5 month (Foxx is my 2nd acc after ban), I noticed somewhat lifted mood, kind of I'm ok feeling, but it was too mild for me, then I crashed because of no serious gains. Opioid system is involved in sexual response. I've been on Naltrexone and it changed my dick instantly - don't know why and for better (initially) or worse (after several days).

Tianeptine seems to be safe unless abused. If it reduces SERT it's no good, but nobody really knows. 5-ht1a antagonist was supposed to be a pssd-messiah in the pill form, turned to be a BS. So.. just try Tianeptine and report :)
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

@ Zero It's not bullshit when it's really helping people, did you check the link I gave? And who said one drug could not affect few different systems? :/

@Michael I speak german so I don't need google translate. :) He clearly says that his PSSD symptoms started after Fluvoxamine (SSRI). Tianeptine doesn't work in such way to fuck with libido. No one ever reported anhedonia or loss of sexual desire after Tianeptine use.

One user even wrote that hes PSSD got better after Tianeptine:
I started Stablon in June of 2010. It seemed to correct some of the following
sexual issues:
retrograde (or non existent) ejaculation, weak (or almost no) orgasms.
I stopped taking Stablon in December 2010, and more or less, kept the benefits that Stablon had encouraged. But much seemed to be mood related.
Edit: found a case of full PSSD recovery with Tianeptine - http://www.remedyspot.com/content/topic ... e-stablon/
Zero

Unread post by Zero »

DoIt wrote: It's not bullshit when it's really helping people, did you check the link I gave?
I meant BS theory, researches and stuff not drug itself. Not yet, but I'll dig into it (even more if you succeed 8-) ). Have you tried NAC?