Huperzine A side-effects and safety of long-term treatment

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Moloch

Huperzine A side-effects and safety of long-term treatment

Unread post by Moloch »

Many sources, including wikipedia, state that huperzine A supplementation may present with mild cholinergic side-effects such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. However a quick google search for huperzine side-effects yields the following to result: 'The most common side effects of huperzine A are nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, blurred vision, slurred speech, restlessness, loss of appetite, twitching and contraction of muscle fibers, cramping, urinary incontinence, high blood pressure and slowed heart rate'. Has anyone experienced any of the more severe side-effects listed here, beyond mild gastrointestinal upset? Has anyone experienced zero side-effects? Are the more severe side-effects more likely symptoms of overdose and not likely to occur when sticking to 200mcg a day? Would it be wise to monitor blood pressure and heart rate frequently while taking this supplement?

I've also read recommendations that huperzine A shouldn't be taken for more than a month at a time. Does anyone know why? Has anyone taken it for longer without problems? If it's better to cycle it, what's the recommended regime?

Thanks
Sonny

Re: Huperzine A side-effects and safety of long-term treatment

Unread post by Sonny »

I haven't had any problems as far as I know.
SingleCell

Unread post by SingleCell »

I just got some two days ago... took to 2 pills and felt like I did when I got the SJW. couldn't feel a thing down there.. couldn't get it going either.I am going to stop the Hup A.

Sticking with the Vit 1000UI, Zinc, Choline.
hashim

Unread post by hashim »

is huperzine also a beta blocker ?