Participants wanted for PSSD study. Contact: sulawesi1@web.de

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
future-recovery

Re: Participants wanted for PSSD study. Contact: sulawesi1@web.de

Unread post by future-recovery »

Hades wrote:i got p A s d from antipsycotics can i come?
No
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
Hades

Unread post by Hades »

:( so no cure for me?
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

The study is not about finding a cure. The study is about comparing a group of PSSD people with a group of people that took SSRIs and didn't get PSSD. The study does not compare individual persons (which is not possible). The study compares 2 groups. There is no advantage for people who take part.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
Hades

Unread post by Hades »

are there people who took ssri and didnt got pssd?
marsupial

Unread post by marsupial »

How are we going to fund this stuy in a first place??
Kinncrimson

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

Sulawesi has only received 2 full sets of Attests and Documents necessary for the Study in Ulm.

What is going on here?

Only two sets and the study is appointed in autumn!!

Aren't you motivated enough? Are you thinking "Yes, PSSD is no fun, but I can live with this for the rest of my life" ??????

Personally I can't. I asked me several times: "Can I live my life with PSSD?" And every time the anwer was NO WAY.

And don't you dare telling me that you can't visit 3-4 doctors because your are too anhedonic from PSSD!!!!

We still need more people to participate in this study.

Sulawesi did so much, he convinced researched to study PSSD, founded a PSSD association and hardly anybody is helping him in further consequence ALL OF US?

So, if you read this thread and you can come to Germany, than get the necessary attests and join us!!!!

If you are new to this forum or you weren't sure in the past but you have the possibility to come to Germany than please write to:
sulawesi1@web.de

@sulawesi, can you give us an update what's the situation like at the moment?

P.S. I will post this same massage every day to assure this thread sticks in recent topics.
marsupial

Unread post by marsupial »

I am missing just urologist protocol dont worry I will make it in time. Hope so as the others. Bigger problem for me how are we going to fund it it is a problem we didnt solve yet! Guys we have to finish what we started otherwise we will hadrly be taken seriously if someone alse would start a research on pssd. It can ruin our reputation if we dont make it. We are crying how many people are ruined by that and we cannot gather 20 people for a study? It cant be..
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I'd go if I 1) had the money 2) knew when it would be (being a student means that I can't drop everything for 3/4 of the year).

I'd love to make it work, and push for more US citizens to go as well, but it is hard, and those forms are necessary but do make it restrictive for some people with less motivation. To those people, I have to reiterate that anhedonia is a real symptom, but if you have enough motivation to use this forum, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the study if you are able.

I would love to assist the researchers or study participants in any way possible, and would love to attend study if I can make it happen.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

Also, is there any official listing of this study from the researchers? Is there a website or posting?
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

NHS are being unbelievably slow and keep pushing my appointment back. Think I will need to go private to get these done in time. When is the latest deadline? I already have a GP letter but not the rest.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature