Nightmares and terror

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Chessboxin

Nightmares and terror

Unread post by Chessboxin »

I´m experiencing some consistent nightmares and night terrors, I dream a lot, even nowdays I dream so much more than before PSSD I think, any of you noticed something similar?
cyrus91

Re: Nightmares and terror

Unread post by cyrus91 »

I noticed the opposite trend actually, I have had PSSD for 4 years now and I found that since that time I dream a lot less than I used to, almost never. But oddly enough just recently over the last couple of months I noticed I have been dreaming more. Getting consistent morning wood these days too, coincidentally I have been very consistent with my weight training over the past few months and have elevated to new bests with my lifts, I feel physically stronger now at 44 years old than I ever have...perhaps that is responsible for a natural Testosterone boost and perhaps is playing a role in the slight increase in morning wood.
silverstar

Unread post by silverstar »

I think pssd has given me a form of ptsd. I fear my old life. My good life...memories come flooding back. All the mistakes I've made etc. It's traumatizing.

Sex feels bizarre and down right scary at times. This can't be good on our mental health.

Nightmares are common for ptsd sufferers. I'm not saying you have ptsd but you may be experiencing trauma from all this.

I also feel terror about life now. I'm trying to heal. I'm trying to stay busy to get control of my emotions and mind again.
cyrus91

Unread post by cyrus91 »

silverstar wrote:I think pssd has given me a form of ptsd. I fear my old life. My good life...memories come flooding back. All the mistakes I've made etc. It's traumatizing.

Sex feels bizarre and down right scary at times. This can't be good on our mental health.

Nightmares are common for ptsd sufferers. I'm not saying you have ptsd but you may be experiencing trauma from all this.

I also feel terror about life now. I'm trying to heal. I'm trying to stay busy to get control of my emotions and mind again.
Silverstar, I also think the mechanism of what we are experiencing is similar to PTSD, elevated adrenaline from anxiety during our waking hours, even worse shrinkage during extreme stressful periods, many of us having improvements in erectile dysfunction when intoxicated or good nocturnal erections when norepinephrine naturally drops.