Why im leaving this forum

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
jaiho

Why im leaving this forum

Unread post by jaiho »

Each time i attempt to post & challenge pre conceived beliefs (something important to progress with fighting any illness, or achieving results in sciences) my post is deleted, or someone cries to an admin about what i've posted.

I find it extremely dangerous for a forum to bring in with welcome arms people suffering severe anhedonia, a forum that ignores doctors for they have convinced themselves they are brain damaged & doctors have done this to them.

Fact: If you have severe anhedonia, you are severely depressed.
There is nothing in the literature about SSRIs inducing Anhedonia, only while you're on them (which requires medicaiton adjustments) they can induce permanent sexual problems. Which is PSSD.

PSSD exists. Ghost has PSSD, he doesn't have Anhedonia. Most of the people on this forum have severe Anhedonia.

If this isn't challenged people are going to die, Anhedonia is an *extremely* strong predictor for suicide, and this forum promotes a level of hopelessness as people are told to forget psychiatric interventions and try Natural methods or pseudoscienctific method using nootropics, Thinking their upregulating/downregulating their receptors will resolve it, thinking they know more than people who have studied this stuff for 20+ years.

I probably wont be missed but it had to be said.
marsupial

Re: Why im leaving this forum

Unread post by marsupial »

Its silly to leave this forum for you dont like some aspect of it. Just ignore whats annoying you and focus on effort of finding the cure that makes sense to you
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Actually no one wonts you to leave this forum....
People can agree or disagree....but it s not a reason to go away.
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Charm the Snake

Unread post by Charm the Snake »

I have had MILD anhedonia before any med. Note the word MILD. Which means I could enjoy almost everything unless I had a depressed mood. very mild, but there. Could always attribute it to depressive thoughts and if I took my mind of them, things were ok again. Also, never had sexual issues. Ever. This system worked like a clock.

During the SSRI use, everything went to hell.From the moment I upped the dose at the end of the first week, the symptoms began and they were of the same nature as I have the today. I have PSSD. I also have worsened anhedonia and other neurological problems caused by meds. Stop advertising those meds like it's some cure when we are not even sure of the cause of this. You are doing more harm than you can do good, EVERYONE here mentions how they never had sexual problems before the ssri use. Doesn't that tell you asnything? Are they all lying to you or what?

We don't need this passive aggressive attitude, threatening us you will leave (lol) like we have your need anyway. We all battle the same thing. Do whatever you like and don't make pointless threads
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

While I agree the forum should be agnostic and open to discussion and argument, I'd argue that your agenda Jaiho is dangerous. By the nature of pssd, we are vulnerable in the sense that we just want pssd to end. Suggesting this is a deep depression and another round of "poison" will return us to normal is just asinine. You are trying to challenge a fundamental belief of the forum, and that belief is we were left in a worse state from antidepressants that is distinguishable and unique from depression.

The poision is not the cure. It may have helped you, but the forum is looking for restoration, not a bandaid.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

Personally I think your posts serve a purpose, and I do not want you to leave the forum. That being said, the issue with some of your posts is that you often try to tell people they are not suffering from PSSD or other related DRUG CAUSED CONDTIONS. There are enough doctors in the world to tell us they know better than we do, and that what we are experiencing is not what we are really experiencing. We don't need someone on our forum invalidating our experiences. That is where you cross the line in my opinion, and have upset some people. I do agree with your basic premise that some people on this forum can benefit their DEPRESSION not PSSD with psychiatric drugs.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Posts that are removed violate the rules of this forum:

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=874

I can only speak for myself, but I've allowed posts that are questionable to remain, and have only removed sections of posts whenever possible. Your arguments are helpful for a healthy discussion as you say, but I cannot allow posts that go against the rules of the forum.

All depression COULD cause anhedonia
but all anhedonia is NOT necessarily from Depression.

Other conditions can cause anhedonia as well.

So,

"Fact: If you have severe anhedonia, you are severely depressed. "

Is actually false.

I could post many examples of medically accepted forms of anhedonia beyond depression, but I'll point to the most common simply because of how well-documented it is. Schizophrenia patients often have anhedonia without depressive symptoms.

I know that you are trying to help, and I get that. I never want to delete any post, but my hands are tied when they go against my knowledge of medicine and PSSD, and the rules of the forum.

My goal is to advance the treatments for PSSD through increasing awareness of it. Posts that undermine one of the hallmark symptoms reported by many sufferers detract from the cause and are dangerous.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
theloneranger86

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

iv always found his posts to be contradictory. One day he will say Im off the med soup (change of job/ surroundings cured me) , the next day he'll go Meds are the only thing we need. From saying its the anhedonia thats causing the PSSD to now PSSD and anhedonia are unrelated (implied in the post above)
His opinion is garbage to me ..tbh
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

I don't see a lot of arguing on this forum which is great. But I must admit, when people start shit-posting about holistic/voodoo bullshit, I can't stand it. I'm not sure if this is what's being referred to.
siebs1122

Unread post by siebs1122 »

"Each time i attempt to post & challenge pre conceived beliefs (something important to progress with fighting any illness, or achieving results in sciences) my post is deleted, or someone cries to an admin about what i've posted."

Maybe because each one of your posts deliberately goes against this forum's rules.

"I find it extremely dangerous for a forum to bring in with welcome arms people suffering severe anhedonia, a forum that ignores doctors for they have convinced themselves they are brain damaged & doctors have done this to them."

Only a very small minority of people on this forum truly believe they are brain damaged. But it is understandable since SSRIs can induce similar symptoms of people who have a TBI, such as memory issues, depression, brain fog, etc.

"Fact: If you have severe anhedonia, you are severely depressed.
There is nothing in the literature about SSRIs inducing Anhedonia, only while you're on them (which requires medicaiton adjustments) they can induce permanent sexual problems. Which is PSSD."

You're outwright wrong on this claim. It is very well-documented in the literature that SSRIs cause a "flat effect"(emotional anhedonia). Even my psychiatrist warned me of this before prescribing SSRIs. PSSD is not documented at all in 99.9% of the literature, so by your logic, it doesn't exist either.

"PSSD exists. Ghost has PSSD, he doesn't have Anhedonia. Most of the people on this forum have severe Anhedonia."

If SSRI's induce an emotional anhedonia while someone is taking them, why can't this side effect be persistent as well? It's no coincidence people on this forum have both sexual dysfunction and emotional anhedonia, two of the most common side effects of SSRIs. Personally, I had a plethora of SSRI-induced side effects even after discontinuation, such as dry mouth, increased appetite, and insomnia. Miraculously, most of these side effects went away permanently when I took Metergoline.

"If this isn't challenged people are going to die, Anhedonia is an *extremely* strong predictor for suicide, and this forum promotes a level of hopelessness as people are told to forget psychiatric interventions and try Natural methods or pseudoscienctific method using nootropics, Thinking their upregulating/downregulating their receptors will resolve it, thinking they know more than people who have studied this stuff for 20+ years."

While I agree with you on the psuedoscientific treatments, there is also a lot of valuable information for treatments on this forum. I intern in a lab that produces psychiatric drugs, and the most qualified researchers hardly understand how these medications work. I do not understand why you have such a blind zealotry for psychaitry, when it is by far the least evidence-based field of medicine. SSRIs have a 30-50% no response rate, can induce suicidal behaviors, and cause a plethora of side effects, including PSSD, which is permanent. It is taking these medications in the first place that made everyone here the way they are, I do not understand why you are such a proponent of pushing them even harder.

"I probably wont be missed but it had to be said."

No offense, but if alls you're going to do on this forum is attempt to pursuade people that they don't have PSSD and instead have an "underlying depression", then you're causing more harm than good.
Last edited by siebs1122 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.