Could be my genetics immune to PSSD?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
petsz1

Could be my genetics immune to PSSD?

Unread post by petsz1 »

Hi people!

I have a very serious question to you all,i had been on sertraline-teva for 1 year,about 4 years ago. From 2014 winter till 2015 winter i think or 2016 january,dont know exactly. While i was on the drug therapy,i had a very little libido,and i didnt noticed any kind of ED or numbness. I wnt off the drug slowly,every week lessened the quantity. I had no pssd after all,i fall in love with 2 girl arter that,doing my everyday job,my ocd went off the grid,like kt was never happened. Everything was good till half a month to this day,i had a trauma,what is popped my ocd again. And i fear if i take ssri again,i will be destruct by the disorder. Got to mention it,my mom is taking paroxetine like 16 year from now,and she said dont worry,when she staying off the drug for about 1 week her libido is coming back and everything is alright. After that i concluded this,if my gene is probably immune to pssd.
Please mention something,am i stupid or i could be right.
Important things: I took sertraline for OCD. I was 16-17 years old meanwhile i took the drug. My sexual drive was always high. Nowadays too. My friend has taken Sertadepi and even she didnt noticed anything negative in her sexual activity after she went off it. I was never depressed,always goin to partys and etc. I had migraine till 16 years old when its disappeared and ocd came in his place. I know migraine has something with low serotonine. But again,if that trauma dont occurs,im free of OCD. I didnt even remembered it.
Please tell if i could take a sertraline again,i had nothing side effects with it after i went off it 3 years ago.
I hope this attribute of mine comes again,and i will dont have to suffer from pssd. (my whole family have a very high sex drive,and never had any problems with that things.)
Update: I forgot that i took a pill about 2 weeks ago on Monday and nothing happened but i stopped it because i took a sedative before that day. I seen that, somebody just need to take 1 pill,but with me, nothing happened.
Please take a note or something im worrying as fuck.
Last edited by petsz1 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janie

Re: Could be my genetics immune to PSSD?

Unread post by Janie »

Nobody is immune to it as a definitive genetic predisposition is not revealed yet. Many people got PSSD only from their second, third etc. round of toxic antidepressants. Most people told they had very high sex drive before PSSD. That won't make you immune either. No one can tell you what you are asking. These drugs are unpredictable and very dangerous. May you get it may not.
petsz1

Re: Could be my genetics immune to PSSD?

Unread post by petsz1 »

I dont know what to do exactly,i believe this is a problem,but millions of people take SSRIs and there is about 1000-2000 people who got affected by it after all.
Now i take moclobemid for my mood because it went down with ocd came back. So i think i will start it in September,but again i haven't got any problem with it. 2 weeks ago i took a pill but nothing happened. My OCD is very severe,there is 2 chance: i take an ssri and maybe i will be not affected by it or i dont take it, and i will be living with my sexual type ocd and i cant take a relationship. U went off the drug immediately or slowly lessened the quantity? I lessened it for about 2-3 months,very slowly,and i felt that i getting back my sexuality and my feelings. I think the brain needs time to rebuild whats lost and reset the structure of it. Meanwhile on the drug i was feelingless,laughed so much,just like joker,but not felt nothing else. Maybe my luck is that im a very happy person,and i generate so much dopamin that its react with the drug after all.