Healy went crazy!

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Snake

Healy went crazy!

Unread post by Snake »

https://rxisk.org/assisted-dying-going- ... so-gentle/

Check the latest article from Healy's site. Maybe it's the worst April Fool's Day prank ever, but he's suggesting that there should be assisted suicides for guys with PSSD and PFS. Maybe I'm the crazy one, but check it fellas.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
raven100

Re: Healy went crazy!

Unread post by raven100 »

This is by far the most disgusting thing I've read on Rxisk and makes me sad for acting as a bit of a Rxisk apologist in the past.

"A hunger strike appears to be a relatively pleasant way to die. It offers a chance for friends and family to gather round and do things to draw attention to the issues – raise money for research to solve the problem.

Withdrawing into a room – privatising your death – will suit the very people who have probably put you in the situation where death has become an option."

It is almost like he has heard about the recent suicides and instead of having a shred of empathy and regret for the people who have suffered he wants to make sure that future deaths are more glamorous for publicity. How about the message 'suicide itself will suit the people who have probably put you in the situation where death has become an option?' This is beyond fucked up especially given the current circumstances.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

You dont think people on the brink of suicide have suffered enough? You would rather have them forced to take their own life in an undignified messy way, while dying alone? At least with assisted suicide, people can be at peace and with family in their last moments. They can also be in the open about their intention to suicide, talking to family and doctors, which may itself prevent them from doing it. This is a much more civilized way to handle suicide, compared to our current way which is to force those people to go "underground" and demonize them as if it's ok for others to make the call whether you are suffering enough. Many people who try to suicide and fail end up going on to live happy lives, so with AS, you at least go through proper medical channels where you may receive the help you need.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Lusitanic

Unread post by Lusitanic »

TalkingAntColony wrote:You dont think people on the brink of suicide have suffered enough? You would rather have them forced to take their own life in an undignified messy way, while dying alone? At least with assisted suicide, people can be at peace and with family in their last moments. They can also be in the open about their intention to suicide, talking to family and doctors, which may itself prevent them from doing it. This is a much more civilized way to handle suicide, compared to our current way which is to force those people to go "underground" and demonize them as if it's ok for others to make the call whether you are suffering enough. Many people who try to suicide and fail end up going on to live happy lives, so with AS, you at least go through proper medical channels where you may receive the help you need.
Omg... this forum is full of s...people, apologist to suicide.. e
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

TalkingAntColony wrote:You dont think people on the brink of suicide have suffered enough? You would rather have them forced to take their own life in an undignified messy way, while dying alone? At least with assisted suicide, people can be at peace and with family in their last moments. They can also be in the open about their intention to suicide, talking to family and doctors, which may itself prevent them from doing it. This is a much more civilized way to handle suicide, compared to our current way which is to force those people to go "underground" and demonize them as if it's ok for others to make the call whether you are suffering enough. Many people who try to suicide and fail end up going on to live happy lives, so with AS, you at least go through proper medical channels where you may receive the help you need.
The answer to poor support for people suffering with PSSD is not AS, with assisted suicide you are just run through existing channels of psychiatric support again and again until finally they deem you resistant enough to very extreme medications to warrant AS, and no one with just PSSD would qualify. I don't think any sane medical system would ever allow assisted suicide for PSSD.

Sorry Lusitanic but I had to delete your other comment as it violates forum rules.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Lusitanic

You should delete TakingAntColony and nasibi... they are encouraging people to suicide... that's not acceptable..
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

Lusitanic wrote:You should delete TakingAntColony and nasibi... they are encouraging people to suicide... that's not acceptable..
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2742
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Guys, I'm not encouraging people to suicide. Stop being hysterical. By all means, if you have suicidal thoughts, you need to realize it's very likely there are things you can do to get rid of them and/or improve your situation. I myself had suicidal thoughts in my first years of PSSD and am now living a good life. Furthermore, suicide is somewhat selfish regarding the suffering you will induce in family and friends.

But we cant sit around and pretend no one will ever commit suicide. We cant be the ones to make that call for others. We cant know the suffering other people are experiencing. Suicides will happen, so either you make those people suffer more or you give them peace in the final moments. Ask yourself, which is more ethical?
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Lusitanic

Ask yourself, which is more ethical?

I know... just sh... the f.. up.

And that's enough..

You don't talk by others, you're just talking by yourself.
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

Healy has spent the last several years babbling on about PSSD being some form of nerve damage/spinal cord injury/ion channel glitch which makes so sense, has been inaccurate about treatment responses to PSSD, posts articles calling us Buried alive and under the hom-dai curse, now this.

Yet another useless and harmful article from RxISK.org, why am I not surprised.
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536