Vitamin D - More numbness

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
dandelion5

Vitamin D - More numbness

Unread post by dandelion5 »

I have very low Vitamin D, so my doctor prescribed prescription Vitamin D, 50,000 once a week. Took it on Tuesday and since then, the numbness has significantly worsened (mostly in the clit area). Harder time climaxing now too. I'm really upset. Does anyone know if there's a link here? Things have been steadily improving for me, so I can't see why it would just suddenly have gotten worse like this. I think I'm going to stop it and take something over the counter maybe. Scared it'll have lasting effects now. :(
arahant

Re: Vitamin D - More numbness

Unread post by arahant »

Maybe, nocebo effect?
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
dandelion5

arahant wrote:Maybe, nocebo effect?
You think? That would the best case scenario. I didn't think much of it when I took it. I noticed it on Thursday. I guess it's always a possibility, but I didn't have any reservations when I took it because I never would've thought it would affect this, positively or negatively.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

You said the you were with vitamin D deficiency, how come supplementing it could make your numbness worse? Since it is supposed to make it go to expected levels.
You are here because some prescription crashed you in the past, right?
You were considering an OTC as a "lighter' solution, otc are drugs too. That is why I thought about nocebo. That is the best case scenario.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

this might be true for me as well if i think like that i have been taking D oral injections for the last 5 weeks. i have increased numbness in my skin now
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

I had a noticeable increase in numbness and decrease in libido after taking vitamin d for about a month. I don’t think it’s placebo because I had been stable for about two years. I was experimenting with pregnenolone, boron, chili and fenugreek lately and saw some improvements concerning libido. However, I had to stop pregnenolone and the positive effect vanished.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

I also take Vitamin D and wonder about my increased numbness WTF
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I started taking high dose of vitamin D a while back. I’m female. It threw me into menopause my period stopped hot flashes and my lh and fsh dropped. I actually still take on a lower dose but I believe not having cofactors like b vitamins and b12 left me unable to tolerate . Now that I’m getting those up I’m able to handle the D without going into menopause!
dandelion5

Really interesting. I wonder what would cause this. I'm going to stop it for now.
cls

Unread post by cls »

This is odd...I took 50000IU for about 6 months and never had issues. In fact, I feel worse after switching to low-dose vitamin D, but that might have been triggered by something else. Goes to show you how complex people are...I don't want to speculate because I'm not qualified to do so, but maybe it was just too high of a dose for you.