Anyone else have complete lack of instinctual drive?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
FrankG1178

Anyone else have complete lack of instinctual drive?

Unread post by FrankG1178 »

Not sure if it is pssd but I have complete lack of instinctual drive - like I wake up and i do my routine and go to work just to do it. There is nothing chemically or physically or mentally or psychologically driving me. Using a grouping from recovery - there is no pride, anger, greed, gluttony, lust, envy, or sloth. None of the basic human drives that are a reason to do things, to want a woman, to be in shape, to make money, to live, etc. anyone else have this?
dann888

Re: Anyone else have complete lack of instinctual drive?

Unread post by dann888 »

When you worry too much all of your subtle good feelings are hindering. Specially if you have anxiety. First you need to be worry free. Then see that hindered urges will come (But sexual feelings are NOT one of them)
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

yeeee, pretty much, you become a zombi.
wich ssri did you take? and how much for how long?
FrankG1178

Paxil and zoloft for 16 years - still on lexapro and Wellbutrin and now lithium
jjr81

Unread post by jjr81 »

I think many have this. I'm a zombie and I do nothing except wait until it's time to end it. I had it to some extent while still taking the meds but not like this. Took 18 years off and on these meds to get fully hit. Get off Lexapro and see where you are. Never reintroduce the drug again either. You could wind up like me and some of the severe cases that are housebound and completely destroyed emotionally, cognitively, sexually, and physically.
FrankG1178

Do you still have your memories? I feel like my history, my childhood - is no longer part of me.
Charm the Snake

Unread post by Charm the Snake »

If I masturbate every day, my drive gets tanked. If I stop for 4-5 days, my libido rises, I start feeling the "chase" for women until I start masturbating again, in which case my libido slowly declines session after session until it tanks.
Weird post PSSD behavior. Hope this helps. :)
jjr81

Unread post by jjr81 »

FrankG1178 wrote:Do you still have your memories? I feel like my history, my childhood - is no longer part of me.
There is some memory loss, lots of short-term and some long-term. I also have no emotions so I have no connection to those memories