Trazodone gave me pssd!

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Amisrableguy

Trazodone gave me pssd!

Unread post by Amisrableguy »

I had Ed long before taking trazodone! I was able to solve it with test boosters,(my t was low) I was on trazodone for about 5 months and my sex drive was fine along with test boosters! I haven’t had morning wood in 3 years lost it prior to Traz do to low t my morning wood never came back but my daytime sex drive did!

I decided instead of taking TimE off the test booster to try another one and my libido went non existent thought maybe my body just adjusted to the test boosters time to get on the real thing and stop trazdone! My gentials skin is 100 percent I can feel when I scratch them I just don’t get that tingly feeling!

I start taking testosterone injections 2 weeks later at the same time of tapering off trazodone(50 mg a night sometimes 100,150)
My anxiety has been through the roof since coming off trazodone I don’t know if the elevated estrogen from trt or withdrawal from trazodone!

My libido still hasn’t come back a year later! Even on testosterone my e2 was significantly elevated 2 months ago so I have been trying to get that dialed in since that can cause loss of libido)

I am extremely active, I powerlift(squat 500,deadlift 700)
I am very fit and eat a very strict diet!

I don’t know if I have pssd from trazodone or is it just my low t that is causing my problem and I have to dial in trt?
Trazohell

Re: Trazodone gave me pssd!

Unread post by Trazohell »

It was Trazodone (I'm even sick to write this word).
My testosterone level was 900 at the beginning of PSSD and then dropped to 300 over time.
Something (probably androgen receptors / sensitivity) gets fucked by trazodone.
5HT2 down-regulation by the antagonism could also be considered, both of which change the gene expression.
Haven't tried trt so far, only vegetable stuff. I will probably try it, but also Zadig said (also PSSD from Trazo) that it didn't help him.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Amisrableguy

Zadig never took trt! And he had pfs! I found a couple other guys who had pssd from trazdone and reached out to them and surprised they all recovered!(they all had morning wood too)
Do you still wake up with morning wood?

I read that you have zero anxiety coming off trazdone I have had the worst I stopped traz around the time I started trt!
My e2 was significantly elevated a month ago so maybe that’s what’s causing it!

I am also extremely active and have no problem motivating myself and gave really good highs after workouts I am very energetic and aggressive! Zero adhenoia!

I had Ed long before trazdone but fixed it with test boosters I didn’t get low libido on trazdone until I tried switching test boostera instead of cycling off maybe my body just built a tolerance?
Amisrableguy

Bump!