female pssd with ghost orgasm

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
anacleta

female pssd with ghost orgasm

Unread post by anacleta »

I found this woman's pssd testimonial and before being delete I paste it here. she says feels pleasure but during orgasm the sensations disappear

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/3866 ... ing-orgasm

Please help - no pleasure during orgasm

onemorethrowaway Mon 30-Mar-20 15:47:44
I’m sorry to post this in chat, as I know it’s not the appropriate forum. However, I created a throwaway account for this question and then discovered that you’re not allowed to post in the sex forum unless you’ve been registered for ninety days. I’m too embarrassed to use my regular account for this, and this is a problem I really want help with now, so I’m posting the thread here. If it gets deleted, I understand – I’ll wait the ninety days to post it again.

I’m thirty-four, and for ten years now, I have not felt any pleasure during orgasm. I feel pleasure during sexual stimulation and can feel myself building towards an orgasm. However, the moment I start to climax, all pleasure disappears. My body reacts as though I’m having an orgasm – I shake and move forward – but I feel absolutely no pleasure during it. It used to be that when I climaxed, the “thinking” part of my brain shut down and I felt nothing but pleasure. Now, the “thinking” part of my brain remains alert during orgasm but there’s no sensation.

This started about a year after I weaned off Citalopram/Celexa, an SSRI antidepressant. I’ve looked online and have found that other people have experienced this problem and it’s called sexual anhedonia. Many of them say it started during or after taking SSRIs. What I find really disheartening is that there doesn’t seem to be any cure. This is based on both anecdotes on forums and medical journal articles I’ve read. It seems to be a very rare condition and there isn’t much research on it.

My psychiatrists seem to have no idea how to treat it. She’s told me to relax more during sex, but that’s not the problem – I do enjoy the build-up, it’s just that there’s no sensation during climax. Three weeks ago, she prescribed me Wellbutrin. I’m going to take it for a few months to see if it makes any difference, but from what I’ve read online I’m not hopeful.

This problem has had a massive effect on my relationship and sex life. I’m with the same partner I was with back when this started, and we do have sex, but I’m really only doing it for him. Yes, I do feel sensation during stimulation – but frankly, when you know something’s just going to end with intense disappointment, it’s hard to get enthusiastic about it.

Mostly I’ve just accepted that I’m unlikely to ever enjoy an orgasm again and got on with things. Over the past year, however, I’ve started to feel more and more frustrated, as it’s occurred to me that this has lasted for most of my adult life. I’m angry that I’ve found research online on post-SSRI sexual dysfunction dating back to the nineties, yet when I was prescribed Citalopram in 2008 the GP didn’t warn me of any sexual side effects.

I’m just feeling desperate now that I’ve reached the ten-year mark. Given how many women post on MN, I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this and if there’s anything – medication, exercises, whatever – that worked for them. Thank you.