For those who had benefits from Dopa Mucuna or Dopamine Agonists to the effects wear off over time?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
OhNo

For those who had benefits from Dopa Mucuna or Dopamine Agonists to the effects wear off over time?

Unread post by OhNo »

Just a quick question. For those who have taken Dopa Mucuna and it's helped over time has the effects stayed? Or have you had to change dosages or have a few months off etc? Also people that have had benefits from Dopamine Agonists the same question to you?! Just looking at the benefits long term rather than short relief. Anyone?
JP1985

Re: For those who had benefits from Dopa Mucuna or Dopamine Agonists to the effects wear off over time?

Unread post by JP1985 »

Anyone?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
EASE

Re: For those who had benefits from Dopa Mucuna or Dopamine Agonists to the effects wear off over time?

Unread post by EASE »

I was using Mucuna and it gave me a great libido and erections...but after it seemed to stop working and without it it seems my condition has worsened. Be careful
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

It didn't do that much for my libido, but it was great for anhedonia and concentration. the effect was much stronger at first, but its still a good boost.
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

EASE wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:02 pm I was using Mucuna and it gave me a great libido and erections...but after it seemed to stop working and without it it seems my condition has worsened. Be careful
I have a quick question too, for those who have already tried mucuna : After how long of treatement can I expect an improvement of libido or erections ?
I've just started a cure, 5 days ago, 500 mg / day (l-dopa 40 %).
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

EASE wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:02 pm I was using Mucuna and it gave me a great libido and erections...but after it seemed to stop working and without it it seems my condition has worsened. Be careful
Hi ease. I was reading my logbook and I realized that yohimbe gives me good erections when I am on a mucuna daily treatement. Mucuna and yohimbe don't work by their own. So I plan to start a new mucuna cure soon, and add yohimbe ponctually.
Could you tell me how long it worked well on you ?
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

mucuna did nothing to me, maybe temporaty improvement in mood, thats it.
rmichaelballow

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

L-Dopa needs dopa-decarboxylase for proper conversion to dopamine. Quite possible you're deficient in it. We know that in most PSSD cases, the other dopamine conversion enzyme is next to non-existent (Tyrosine Hydroxylase - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30678046/).

The conversion enzymes and processes for all neurotransmitters involved are critically important (and seemingly downed). If you ever try it again, look into Bromantane, to help synthesize dopamine more optimally, via increasing said conversion enzymes.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

rmichaelballow wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 am The conversion enzymes and processes for all neurotransmitters involved are critically important (and seemingly downed). If you ever try it again, look into Bromantane, to help synthesize dopamine more optimally, via increasing said conversion enzymes.
This drug doesn't seem to be approved where I live. Do you have any other suggestion for at least a trial of this interesting theory?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

rmichaelballow wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 am
L-Dopa needs dopa-decarboxylase for proper conversion to dopamine. Quite possible you're deficient in it. We know that in most PSSD cases, the other dopamine conversion enzyme is next to non-existent (Tyrosine Hydroxylase - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30678046/).

The conversion enzymes and processes for all neurotransmitters involved are critically important (and seemingly downed). If you ever try it again, look into Bromantane, to help synthesize dopamine more optimally, via increasing said conversion enzymes.
any opinion on where to buy it? its hard to find.