Partial, but significant recovery

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Dalmatian

Partial, but significant recovery

Unread post by Dalmatian »

Hello,

I want to inform members here that after about 1.3 years since withdrawal my sexual function improved to a satisfying level. It's been a long and difficult journey of my life, several times I was at my lowest point not wanting to live any more, but somehow I managed to overcome it and wait it out. I'm pleased to say that all non-sexual symptoms went away and that my sexual function is generally at about 80% of pre-PSSD state, but oscillations are still present (on some days function is worse (~60%) while some other days close to 100%). Some sexual symptoms comoletely went away, some other did not. Most of the time I can have relations without using ED pill. Long refractory period is more or less the only thing which reminds me that, albeit mild, PSSD is still there. I still have hopes that I may get to 100% some day, but even if it stays like this I'm grateful to life that it gave me another chance.

Stay well everybody and keep fighting. You never know what awaits you in the future.
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
Trazohell

Re: Partial, but significant recovery

Unread post by Trazohell »

You damn lucky guy. I'm still fucked from 11 pills Trazodone 2 1/2 years later without any great improvements. Maybe I fucked me even more with all these experiments or my PSSD is just worse than yours :/
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Dalmatian wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 pm Hello,

I want to inform members here that after about 1.3 years since withdrawal my sexual function improved to a satisfying level. It's been a long and difficult journey of my life, several times I was at my lowest point not wanting to live any more, but somehow I managed to overcome it and wait it out. I'm pleased to say that all non-sexual symptoms went away and that my sexual function is generally at about 80% of pre-PSSD state, but oscillations are still present (on some days function is worse (~60%) while some other days close to 100%). Some sexual symptoms comoletely went away, some other did not. Most of the time I can have relations without using ED pill. Long refractory period is more or less the only thing which reminds me that, albeit mild, PSSD is still there. I still have hopes that I may get to 100% some day, but even if it stays like this I'm grateful to life that it gave me another chance.

Stay well everybody and keep fighting. You never know what awaits you in the future.
Hello.. did you use any supplements? And if so do you think they helped you recover?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Dalmatian

Trazohell wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:33 pm You damn lucky guy. I'm still fucked from 11 pills Trazodone 2 1/2 years later without any great improvements. Maybe I fucked me even more with all these experiments or my PSSD is just worse than yours :/
It's pretty possible that you further fucked yourself up with supplements and medications with which you tried to fix this. I think people who are getting good and frequent windows must stay away from the supplements and meds at all cost because, in my opinion, they still have a good chance to heal naturally if they leave their body fight back to the balance. And your PSSD might also be worse than mine because you took SSRI before trazodone, while in my case trazodone was the first AD every but who knows.
I got in touch with Trazedy few days ago and he also improved to a satisfying degree in a natural way, even though we're not yet healed.

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
Dalmatian

JP1985 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:20 pm

Hello.. did you use any supplements? And if so do you think they helped you recover?
Nothing. About 1.5 months from withdrawal I started getting really good windows which began increasing in frequency from week to week. That's when I decided to stay completely "clean" and not try to counteract this with suspicious and possibly dangerous meds nor supplements. In fact, black maca and some high quality multivitamin was the only thing I've ever taken since withdrawal. So time alone did it for me.

JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Hey, thank you for dropping by and let us know! I can't promise anything but I'll make an effort to do so too when I'm 100%.

Gratefulness goes a long way! won't be surprised when you see it played a role getting your 100%. Enjoy!!
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Thank you so much for coming back to post this. I think a lot of people on here think about recovery as an all or none thing. But for myself as well I can still enjoy life even though not healed. Its so awesome to see people come back and give hope.
Amisrableguy

Unread post by Amisrableguy »

Why don’t you just take testosterone as that’s known to cause a increase in sex drive! I’m sure ur levels aren’t as good after it being dead for years! And if ur libido is back I’m sure u would still respond to high dose trt!
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

Did u have some emotional related symptom?
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Amisrableguy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:47 pm

Why don’t you just take testosterone as that’s known to cause a increase in sex drive! I’m sure ur levels aren’t as good after it being dead for years! And if ur libido is back I’m sure u would still respond to high dose trt!
How will high dose TRT work? What do you call high? I take it and I’m in the normal high level.. should I go way above? It can then be dangerous though? Wouldn’t want to risk my life
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)