Reinstating

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Benji19912

Re: Reinstating

Unread post by Benji19912 »

Can anyone tell me if Zoloft creates pre or post synaptic issues?
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:00 pm Pssd isn’t totally resolved but it’s way better.
Been on the combo since the fall
What's your remaining symptoms??
hxp1499

Unread post by hxp1499 »

Is anyone still active, and would be able to tell me more about how you improved your PSSD with getting back on medications?
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

I reinstated because I didn't know about PSSD. My sleep and libido were low so my shrink told me to. I stopped only two months and didn't have time to notice anything regarding emotions.
While taking mirtazapine then escitalopram, sleep was slightly better (but far from before), emotions were high, libido was ok I guess (that was mainly during first confinement!).
After the second stop, initial problems (sleep and libido) were far worse, although I was way better psychologically. And I got (emotional and sensitive) numbing as a bonus.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Benji19912 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:20 am
alteredhomeostasis wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:00 pm Pssd isn’t totally resolved but it’s way better.
Been on the combo since the fall
Hey would you be willing to talk to me on Facebook?
Sure, I had several years of wanting to die due to pssd so I am very willing to help anyone in the same situation :D
I'll PM you my name.
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Also, pertaining to the thread at large - while I do think SSRI's are a way to treat this condition, I dont think reinstating the same SSRI will do the trick. Tiny molecular differences in the drug structure can have very different effects and trigger different downstream mechanisms. I think this is what we need. If Lexapro gave you pssd, then maybe prozac will help you get back to normal. if Prozac gave you pssd, maybe lexapro or sertraline will do the trick. It's just conjecture but definitely a way better shot than trying the same stuff 100 other people took and no one benefitted from (looking at you inositol and SJW - man those threads need to die).

We have already established that 95% of us were hypersexual prior to SSRI's. I'm pretty certain that the reason pssd is so common among hypersexuals is that we are way more likely to freak out about sexual dysfunction and just discontinue abruptly or wean down and stop, whereas someone else might just switch to a different SSRI or stack another drug and have their symptoms resolved. My girlfriend was shut down while she was on sertraline, and she switched to lexapro and her drive came back with a vengeance. Seems likely that if she just stopped the sertraline that she could have ended up with pssd.

Just my 2 cents
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

I had pssd from sertraline in 2017. I stay without antidepressants and my sexuality was about 30%. My my depression come back with strong. I initiate pristiq and have improvement in depression and sexual symptoms. Erection and pleasure improve tô 60%. Its not a cure, but ia better than stay depressive and without any sexual activity.