New interesting theory on PSSD/PFS/PAS

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
sylv

Re: New interesting theory on PSSD/PFS/PAS

Unread post by sylv »

HereToHeal wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:19 pm
sylv wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:41 pm Well, I have written very detailed paragraphs on this interesting theme, but as the forum logged me off and deleted my long posting I'll keep it extremely short now.

Probably as the first person with PSSD, I have been tested with a battery of immunological tests, including T-helper TH1/TH2/TH17, IL10, Il6, IL23, IL17, TNFa and was told by very recognized immunology professor, a researcher with thousand of citations, that the thing is probably more neurological in nature. That something is causing a major autonomic system failure. My main symptoms were getting worse on anti-inflammatory drugs and lack of fever, even after being injected with a pyrogenic.

I myself got a lot better when having a flu ( without a fever ) so immunology / infections have some effect on PSSD. But not being much convinced it's a root cause.

Thanks for bringing up The Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome. Another thing to look at in from PSSD perspective
I've also recently done a lot of tests too (Immunoglobulins, TNFa, T cells, etc) nothing out of the ordinary, except REALLY high IgE levels and eosinophils.
I wonder how is the immune system connected to this. It makes me wonder even more now that the professor told you its probably not the root cause but more neurological.
Thanks for your suggestions about IgE. I need definitely to check up this also. To date, I was more focused on the innate immunity than adaptive in PSSD.
BABA YAGA

Unread post by BABA YAGA »

croboy17 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:42 pm
HereToHeal wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:36 pm
croboy17 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:40 pm @heretoheal

please have a look at this video. If you dont want to watch the whole thing start at 4:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0v54k2wCQk&t=340s
Just saw the video man.
Checked my results and both Mycoplasma Pnuemoniae and Parvovirus are more than 3 times higher than upper range.
I was hoping the elevated lymphocytes and decreased neutrophils would warrant infection testing. Sadly I will have to do it privately. I started with Ebv IgG , IgM both negative so far.
I gave you the list right? Test it for all if you can mate. EBV is not the only one which can be the cause.
Have you tested for ANA?
HOPE & DETERMINATION is Everything! Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/nER8BCk
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Baba Yaga, could you please remind me of your credentials? Do you have any history or qualifications related to pharmacology/biology/medicine?

Also, have you considered sending this theory to people such as Dr Healy so that they can share their opinion?
BABA YAGA

Frog wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:44 am Baba Yaga, could you please remind me of your credentials? Do you have any history or qualifications related to pharmacology/biology/medicine?

Also, have you considered sending this theory to people such as Dr Healy so that they can share their opinion?
I'm not gonna bow down to your plots so sorry mate. Better luck next time. But I'd like too add that Pharmacists doing experimental studies & advising people to take Scheduled drugs is a crime. I hope you understand & don't take down my post so please allow some Democracy here!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

BABA YAGA wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:19 am
Frog wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:44 am Baba Yaga, could you please remind me of your credentials? Do you have any history or qualifications related to pharmacology/biology/medicine?

I'm not gonna bow down to your plots so sorry mate. Better luck next time. But I'd like too add that Pharmacists doing experimental studies & advising people to take Scheduled drugs is a crime. I hope you understand & don't take down my post so please allow some Democracy here!
Asking for your credentials is a plot?
BABA YAGA

Frog wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:00 am

I'm hoping that you'll ask credentials from everyone who's involved in PSSD research. Not gonna reply further.
Peace ✌
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

BABA YAGA wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:01 am
Frog wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:00 am

I'm hoping that you'll ask credentials from everyone who's involved in PSSD research. Not gonna reply further.
Peace ✌
Of course I will, it’s a reasonable question...
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

There is an easy explanation for the long lasting symptoms: epigenetic changes. I don't know why so many people believe curios theorys like this. PFS and PSSD studys go in this same direction. There is not a single study in there bacterias are even mentioned.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
BABA YAGA

Trazohell wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:32 pm There is an easy explanation for the long lasting symptoms: epigenetic changes. I don't know why so many people believe curios theorys like this. PFS and PSSD studys go in this same direction. There is not a single study in there bacterias are even mentioned.
You're entitled to opinion. Thank you!
croboy17

Unread post by croboy17 »

Adjunct Therapies for ME/CFS

As well as specific pathogen-targeted therapies, there are many adjunct or additional therapies that can be helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome. These include:

• Immunomodulators. These are drugs and supplements that modulate the immune system. Many immunomodulators used in ME/CFS shift the immune response from the Th2 mode to the Th1 mode. There is evidence that ME/CFS patients are stuck in the Th2 mode, whereas they should really be in the Th1 mode; it is the Th1 mode immune response that fights viruses and intracellular bacteria.1 These Th2 to Th1 mode shifting immunomodulator drugs and supplements include: low-dose naltrexone, Imunovir, oxymatrine (probably), Nexavir (formerly Kutapressin), pine cone extract, heparin, and transfer factor.1 2

Note that Th2 to Th1 mode shifting immunomodulators can make you feel worse for the first few months, but benefits accrue after that initial period. Note also that Dr Paul Cheney believes immunomodulators lose their effect if you do not take regular breaks from them. Regular breaks means taking them on an on/off regimen, such as for example: on for 5 days, off for 2 days; and on for 3 weeks, off for 1 week.