Love seems to be the key for me

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Optimist

Love seems to be the key for me

Unread post by Optimist »

Thought some of you might like to hear this.

So I'm back on anti-depressants. Escitalopram (Cipralex) gave me these problems about four years ago now. I'm now on generic Sertraline (aka Zoloft) the lowest dose, 50 mg. Feeling much more emotionally balanced now, quality of life is so much better.

I met a girl and I'm in love with her now. As soon as the feelings of love and intimacy kick in, I can get a sustained erection. I guess I class myself as demi-sexual now, where I get an erection if I'm in love or have connected with someone on a deep level. If you can find someone you feel this way about who is patient and understanding, this might work for some people not everyone.

Will post updates both the positive and the negative. Much love y'all, stay strong.
Semogomes

Re: Love seems to be the key for me

Unread post by Semogomes »

Lol
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Optimist wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 am Thought some of you might like to hear this.

So I'm back on anti-depressants. Escitalopram (Cipralex) gave me these problems about four years ago now. I'm now on generic Sertraline (aka Zoloft) the lowest dose, 50 mg. Feeling much more emotionally balanced now, quality of life is so much better.

I met a girl and I'm in love with her now. As soon as the feelings of love and intimacy kick in, I can get a sustained erection. I guess I class myself as demi-sexual now, where I get an erection if I'm in love or have connected with someone on a deep level. If you can find someone you feel this way about who is patient and understanding, this might work for some people not everyone.

Will post updates both the positive and the negative. Much love y'all, stay strong.
This is nice for you, but what does it have to do with pssd? If your level of satisfaction depends on whether you're into your partner or not, then you don't have pssd. I could have the love of my life stood naked infront of me, and still would have nothing. Sadly PSSD is always there, in any circumstance. Posts like this really belittle what most of us are going through...
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Optimist wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 am Thought some of you might like to hear this.

It looks like you noticed that erection is not only mechanical NO/hormone/dopa/sero/etc pathways, but intimacy is needed, then you don't get worried, be relaxed and get a sustained erection.

Best of luck with 50mg/day of Zoloft.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Optimist

Unread post by Optimist »

Like I said guys this might not work for everyone. I've been suffering with PSSD for four years. Almost dead down there. But suddenly it changed.

Remember these words- Might not work for everyone, worked for me

PSSD is different for everybody. For some it is more severe, for some it is moderate, and others very little. It's a matter of degrees.

Arahant my thinking too. Thank you.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

Did you also suffer from genital numbness? Just curious if your sensitivity has returned too or more so just your arousal.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

I think when we stop these ssri our body is used to functioning with the higher levels so our arousal and emotions are dull. I think this guy is right. If I could get turned on I could get an erection, nothing is wrong physically with my dick. Problem is it’s hard to get aroused. But if I was feeling love and intimacy it would work. I personally have only had improvements when taking antidepressants so I fully believe it.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

I have heard other men (2 - 3) with pssd report at some point that they have become demi-sexual! perhaps these people were more aroused by romance and feelings even before pssd, and now their sexuality weakened by pssd can only function quite well at the highest level of arousal

from other particular accounts I have heard, some pathways of sexual stimulation may have been compromised more than others. in particular the visual pathway
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

@optomist
Did you have bad ED before meeting your girl?
I know when I love someone it makes the heartbeat and andrenaline surge and I'm sure it would make a difference. Was it like you were impotent one week then met a girl and you were surprised to function?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

50mg isnt the lowest dose.