How many of you are still dating and hookin up? Are girls still sexually interested in you?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lonelypssdstudent

How many of you are still dating and hookin up? Are girls still sexually interested in you?

Unread post by lonelypssdstudent »

Hello guys,

i know this has already been talked a lot but i just would like to hear some experiences of dating and hooking up with PSSD. I have PSSD for 4 years and i feel like PSSD made me unattractive. Before PSSD i had a lot of woman interested in me, now it seems like the opposite. Maybe because i became uglier due to facial changes or i dont know lol. Are here some guys who experience a lot of girls beeing sexually interested in them?
Thomas

Re: How many of you are still dating and hookin up? Are girls still sexually interested in you?

Unread post by Thomas »

I would say there are psychological explaination to that:
1) because confidence is attractive to many, if you lose your self-confidence, you lose some of your attractivity.
2) if you lose your sexual drive, you are less prone to wanting to charm, therefore you are less charming. This one was very noticeable for me when I was feeling bad.
Then, when it comes to sex, people are more or less tolerant to our symptoms. I was dumped by a girl who needed men with a high sex-drive, but only once.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Delfador

Re: How many of you are still dating and hookin up? Are girls still sexually interested in you?

Unread post by Delfador »

No change in attraction since pssd, i do fairly well with the ladies while clothed. However, before i met my current partner, no woman stuck with me after we try to have sex and miserably fail.
Dalmatian

Unread post by Dalmatian »

lonelypssdstudent wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:35 am Hello guys,

i know this has already been talked a lot but i just would like to hear some experiences of dating and hooking up with PSSD. I have PSSD for 4 years and i feel like PSSD made me unattractive. Before PSSD i had a lot of woman interested in me, now it seems like the opposite. Maybe because i became uglier due to facial changes or i dont know lol. Are here some guys who experience a lot of girls beeing sexually interested in them?
I did and I got married eventually. However, my PSSD is mild compared to the majority of sufferers on this forum
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

Dalmatian wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:31 pm

I did and I got married eventually. However, my PSSD is mild compared to the majority of sufferers on this forum
Dalmatian, may I ask what your symptoms are and how regular of a sex life you are able to maintain? Just curious since I am out of time on waiting to recover before trying to get married and have family. Sex is critical to the male-female bond.
fth

Unread post by fth »

I used to still have sex and okay libido up until March 2020. Some stuff happened that caused me to have some body image issues and being in an abusive relationship didn't help. I also still believed that I would get my arousal and genital feeling back so I wasn't as anxious about that. Now I find that whenever I think about sex or engage in it I keep thinking about PSSD, which really shows. My partner notices immediately because I'm really out of it. I think that could have something to do with being found less attractive (although my partner says he's still attracted to me). I'm a woman though and you were asking about men but I figured I'd reply anyway.
► Fluoxetine & methylphenidate (03/2016 - 07/2019)
► Symptoms started somewhere in 2018
► Social phobia (formerly), OCD, ADHD
► Dexamphetamine (06/2021 - now)
🇳🇱
Dalmatian

Unread post by Dalmatian »

vkn1 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Dalmatian, may I ask what your symptoms are and how regular of a sex life you are able to maintain? Just curious since I am out of time on waiting to recover before trying to get married and have family. Sex is critical to the male-female bond.

My symptoms are a long refractory period, somewhat reduced libido and not so stable erections like before PSSD
I'm able to perform relatively well once a day if I allow myself to orgasm. If I edge (get close to orgasm and then stop) it gets better by each day until I finally ejaculate. After orgasm the next 2 days are bad in a sense that sex feels mechanical with not so lasting erections but I can perform if I force it.

Strangely, if I don't ejaculate for 2-3 straight days my sexual symptoms improve significantly (~ 90%), therefore I can function relatively well, it's just a frequency of sex that suffers. Before I could do it 4-5 times a day, now once in a day at best if I finish.

My wife has a very high libido but she says she is more than satisfied with having sex once a day. So I think vast majority of girls would be satisfied with someone who can perform at least once in 1-2 days.
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
Mateoo

Unread post by Mateoo »

how about fertility in pssd, can we have children with pssd, someone knows how it affects this sphere?
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

Dalmatian wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:52 pm
vkn1 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 pm

My symptoms are a long refractory period, somewhat reduced libido and not so stable erections like before PSSD
I'm able to perform relatively well once a day if I allow myself to orgasm. If I edge (get close to orgasm and then stop) it gets better by each day until I finally ejaculate. After orgasm the next 2 days are bad in a sense that sex feels mechanical with not so lasting erections but I can perform if I force it.

Strangely, if I don't ejaculate for 2-3 straight days my sexual symptoms improve significantly (~ 90%), therefore I can function relatively well, it's just a frequency of sex that suffers. Before I could do it 4-5 times a day, now once in a day at best if I finish.

My wife has a very high libido but she says she is more than satisfied with having sex once a day. So I think vast majority of girls would be satisfied with someone who can perform at least once in 1-2 days.
Thanks for sharing your experience, it’s very helpful to hear. Are you numb when you try to go more than once a day, and do you generally have significantly diminished sensation? I basically have a numb glans and can barely feel anything during sex. It’s been like that for 7 years now after taking Trazadone. I can finish, but the connection isn’t there during sex. Glad you weren’t hit harder and have been able to make things work with wife. I guess you were in a relationship prior to getting PSSD.
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

I also got married recently. We males feel very complicated about the marriage with this condition. Without love or sex drive it seems impossible to get married because of elevated anxiety and never ending doubts. But if your woman want caring rather than daily sex you can manage it. We were sexual vampires before and now we don't have confidence in that sexual department, so we think that our partner thinks the same and feel the same about us. But it is different for them. We are not interconnected. Actually what they think about us is matters to them. Not what we think about us. Everyone of you can get married but you want a caring woman who need to build a family. If you don't have romantic love in you, you can practice empathy and caring. then you can build your own kind of relationship with your partner. Do that for another 30 or so years then anyway we die sooner or later. Keep calm !!!