Drugs/supplements that improves pssd permamently.

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Naczoz

Drugs/supplements that improves pssd permamently.

Unread post by Naczoz »

So I just wonder.

Many people try various drugs/supplements and they have windows at best and than they return to baseline or crash.

Maybe we can make some list of drugs/supplements that actually improved us permamently.

In my case it was inositol that restored orgasm sensation.
sylv

Re: Drugs/supplements that improves pssd permamently.

Unread post by sylv »

Rebound from acute 5-ht2a inverse agonists like mirtazapine improves a bit emotional blunting and anaesthesia. The effect seems additive and somewhat persistent.
Works only in non-depressed mood, probably via cytokine pathway ( TNF-a is indirectly pro-glutaminergic, affects synaptic plasticity: acute exposure - positively, chronic - negatively ) or by restoring down-stream sensitivity of 5-ht2a receptor function by transitively lowering its baseline activity in cortex layers
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

so you got permament improvement from mirtazapine? or you just saying this bro-science bullshit?
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I think that is not from 5ht2a rebound, because mianserin and mirtazapine downregulate this receptor, but probably do you mean alpha 1 adrenergic receptor- which is pro- empathy and pro emotional.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

i dont care, reply to the topic or go somewhere else.
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

Bupropion permanently improved my penile sensitivity.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

how long did you took it, what dose and how long its been post quitting? any side effects?
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

Naczoz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:57 am how long did you took it, what dose and how long its been post quitting? any side effects?
I used it for over a year at a dose of 150mg. No side effects during use. I tried to increase it to 300mg, but it created agitation and anxiety. The benefit was maintained even without use. However, I felt more fatigued when I left the medication, unable to recover naturally. But this may be due to chronic depression.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

:roll:
Last edited by PsychoGenesis on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Naczoz wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 pm so you got permament improvement from mirtazapine? or you just saying this bro-science bullshit?
Go figure yourself. Not gonna waste my time on someone with such attitude.
I think that is not from 5ht2a rebound, because mianserin and mirtazapine *downregulate this receptor,*
If this was 5-ht2a downregulation then improvement after 5-ht2a antagonist / inverse agonists would be immediate, positively correlated with a dose and duration of treatment. This happens in your case ? You got better after acute or chronic antipsychotics or antidepressants ? By my experience, I would say quite the opposite, - that chronic blockade of 5-ht2a makes PSSD worse, especially emotional blunting. Only rebound from acute dosing seems to acts different, in a certain specific circumstances
bc only inverse agonists can do it to this receptor
Not true. This relates to binding site, not action

Inverse agonists are not named as such because "downregulation" of 5-HT2a, but because they lower constant, constitutive activity of 5-ht2a. This is unusual for metabotropic GPCR receptors, 5-Ht2a works in such way only in the cortex.
Last edited by sylv on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.