Does anyone know what causes PSSD fatigue?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
throwaway

Does anyone know what causes PSSD fatigue?

Unread post by throwaway »

Title
Tree

Re: Does anyone know what causes PSSD fatigue?

Unread post by Tree »

Most likely elevated serotonin levels in the raphe. Does your fatigue or tiredness get worse after eating or exercising? Everytime I eat or go for a walk my fatigue gets worse to the point where I feel like I need to take a nap but not tired enough to actually sleep. It's a terrible feeling.
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 am Most likely elevated serotonin levels in the raphe. Does your fatigue or tiredness get worse after eating or exercising? Everytime I eat or go for a walk my fatigue gets worse to the point where I feel like I need to take a nap but not tired enough to actually sleep. It's a terrible feeling.
Same here. The tiredness is annoying as fuck! Does coffee work for you guys?
climb

Unread post by climb »

If I exercise, I still feel energised somewhat afterwards.
I feel less alert, focused and motivated but wouldn't say it goes as far as fatigue... Maybe I've had PSSD too long and can't remember what it was like before.

Do you guys sleep well?
I generally sleep well as long as I'm exercising regularly.
Looking at symptoms of higher or lower serotonin, I find it hard to distinguish which might be the case in my position because in my experience, the symptoms I have seem to contradict these descriptions of each situation.
i.e, PSSD seems to have given me OCD (normally associated with lower serotonin) whereas lower serotonin seems to also indicate trouble sleeping.... This is according to what I could find online, anyway...
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Hey climb,

I sleep well, but I need a lot of more sleep than before. But I have very vivid dreams since PSSD. I also had those crazy dreams when I was on citalopram the first time for three years. But back then I didn’t get PSSD. It feels very unnatural.

Anyone else has this dream issue?

I mean it’s the symptom I care about least, but it shows me that I am definitely in a fucked up altered state of whatever. I was cured by most symptoms a year ago until I crashed with different stuff and back then the dreams disappeared. So for me it is another parameter that shows me where I am at rn...
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

I dont have any dreams since i got pssd
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Seems like there are the two types, no dreams and vivid dreams. Same with PE and not able or hard to orgasm at all.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

That's the issue of putting a disjointed list of symptoms under a single label. And the list of claimed symptoms tends to increase over time.

Premature ejaculation after coming out from SSRIs, drugs which are prescribed to delay ejaculation, sounds a lot like relapse/worsening of prior symptoms than a dysfunction induced by the drug. Simply because it's the opposite of its effects.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

arahant wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:01 pm That's the issue of putting a disjointed list of symptoms under a single label. And the list of claimed symptoms tends to increase over time.

Premature ejaculation after coming out from SSRIs, drugs which are prescribed to delay ejaculation, sounds a lot like relapse/worsening of prior symptoms than a dysfunction induced by the drug. Simply because it's the opposite of its effects.
Dude, ur on a forum for PSSD and writing this? Wtf, could aswell be the average psychiatrist talking here
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Leb89 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:03 am
Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 am Most likely elevated serotonin levels in the raphe. Does your fatigue or tiredness get worse after eating or exercising? Everytime I eat or go for a walk my fatigue gets worse to the point where I feel like I need to take a nap but not tired enough to actually sleep. It's a terrible feeling.
Coffee pre pssd was hands down my drug of choice. It provided energy and mood lift. Now, I don't get a reaction to coffee, it makes the fatigue even worse. Probably because it increases serotonin like other things that make my fatigue worse such as eating and exercising.

Same here. The tiredness is annoying as fuck! Does coffee work for you guys?