Has anyone specifically regained the ability to have a pleasurable orgasm?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
succubus76

Re: Has anyone specifically regained the ability to have a pleasurable orgasm?

Unread post by succubus76 »

Sheep wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm I've gotten some of my emotions back (except for motivation), I don't feel as cognitively dysfunctional (I still do tho, concentrating and sleeping sucks), but the sexual symptoms have never, ever improved even in the slightest. ESPECIALLY not the orgasm, I feel absolutely nothing when I orgasm, and it's what hits me every time, at least the genital numbness is ignorable as I still get shivers on my spine that feel good (but only if I concentrate). I never had libido, ejaculation or erection issues, just genital numbness and orgasmic anhedonia. This combination actually kinda sucks cause there's this constant need I can't fulfill but it's better than nothing

Ey sheep, glad you still ok, havent you finished oyasumi punpun yet? I hope you can read it someday.
Sheep

Unread post by Sheep »

succubus76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:26 pm
Sheep wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm I've gotten some of my emotions back (except for motivation), I don't feel as cognitively dysfunctional (I still do tho, concentrating and sleeping sucks), but the sexual symptoms have never, ever improved even in the slightest. ESPECIALLY not the orgasm, I feel absolutely nothing when I orgasm, and it's what hits me every time, at least the genital numbness is ignorable as I still get shivers on my spine that feel good (but only if I concentrate). I never had libido, ejaculation or erection issues, just genital numbness and orgasmic anhedonia. This combination actually kinda sucks cause there's this constant need I can't fulfill but it's better than nothing

Ey sheep, glad you still ok, havent you finished oyasumi punpun yet? I hope you can read it someday.
Oh aren't you from discord?!
Sadly, I'm not okay, I've had 6 retinal detachment surgeries in a row because they kept failing and have another one tomorrow. I'm scared shitless of the possibility of going blind. Paired with PSSD, I haven't really been able to find the motivation to do anything, including reading manga.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

A bit off topic, but funny enough, I had read oyasumi punpun in 2015, a few months BEFORE i caught PSSD 😁😅
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

Delfador wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:41 am I had significant improvements of orgasm after 4 pills (0.5 mg each) of cabergoline spread over a course of 3 weeks.

Orgasm is now pre-pssd level... even better I would say. I am actually starting to have a fear of dying of a stroke during orgasm now haha.

Funny how a few years ago I was totally numb down there and orgasm was muted, even painful sometimes.
Delfor, please get in touch with me if you are still active.. You cannot recieve pms
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

The only thing that has helped me in that area was smoking weed. I feel like smoking may have caused my blunted orgasms in first place though, as smoking is the only thing that has brought it back (as well as fixing my PE). Quit smoking alongside discontinuing SSRI's as it was giving me horrible anxiety once I started to withdraw.

I wish I could find a way to recreate the effect, since smoking is not an option for me anymore.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Sb919 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:46 am The only thing that has helped me in that area was smoking weed. I feel like smoking may have caused my blunted orgasms in first place though, as smoking is the only thing that has brought it back (as well as fixing my PE). Quit smoking alongside discontinuing SSRI's as it was giving me horrible anxiety once I started to withdraw.

I wish I could find a way to recreate the effect, since smoking is not an option for me anymore.
What do you mean by PE?
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Premature ejaculation. Went from having full control to cumming basically the second I get fully hard. The only thing that has helped so far was smoking again, which leads me to believe I'm stuck in some kind of post acute withdrawal.

I had smoked almost my entire teen-adult life so I honestly can't even remember what it was like before I had started to have a comparison.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Just going to point out that buspirone/Buspar is a dopamine antagonist at the d2,d3, d4 receptors. So blocking dopamine receptors, upregulates them (more pro sexual dopamine), after you stop the Buspar. Buspar is also a "potent" 5ht1a receptor agonist, and people on the forums here claim h5T1a is desensitized and the cause of PSSD. Agonists, activate a receptor, which leads to down regulation over too long of use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buspirone#Pharmacology

That said, Buspar doesnt make me crash at all and only minor sexual problems for a day or two after taking it. IM not someone who takes these medicatiosn every day, just a few pills a week and reassess whats going on. I took ropinirole awhile back and got more gential sensitivity and libido for about a week afterward, but it hurt my eyesight and gave me scary chest pain levels, never touching again. its a dopamine agonist at the d2,d3, and d4 receptor. So theoretically, you could get to the same place with dopamine antagonists like Buspar, which blocks the same receptors, which upregulates them over time. You just have to be careful, start low dose on medications, and slowly increase dosages, with occasional breaks to see how you are doing.