Has anyone specifically regained the ability to have a pleasurable orgasm?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
dandelion5

Re: Has anyone specifically regained the ability to have a pleasurable orgasm?

Unread post by dandelion5 »

I'm almost 2 years out from Prozac related PSSD. In the past few months, my orgasms are sometimes almost back to how they used to be. I'm female, and they're good enough that I can't keep quiet. However, they feel different. It's like I'm feeling them neurologically and sometimes vaginally, but my clitoris remains numb, so I don't get the tingling or warm sensation I used to feel. Each day is different from the next. Someday it's muted enough that I end up back on this forum looking for hope, and other days it's so normal that I feel like posting a success story. I can't find a ton of rhyme or reason except lack of sleep worsening things, as well as taking progesterone. I should mention too that, in order for me to have a strong orgasm, it does take far more pressure than it ever used to.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

I had significant improvements of orgasm after 4 pills (0.5 mg each) of cabergoline spread over a course of 3 weeks.

Orgasm is now pre-pssd level... even better I would say. I am actually starting to have a fear of dying of a stroke during orgasm now haha.

Funny how a few years ago I was totally numb down there and orgasm was muted, even painful sometimes.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Delfador wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:41 am I had significant improvements of orgasm after 4 pills (0.5 mg each) of cabergoline spread over a course of 3 weeks.

Orgasm is now pre-pssd level... even better I would say. I am actually starting to have a fear of dying of a stroke during orgasm now haha.

Funny how a few years ago I was totally numb down there and orgasm was muted, even painful sometimes.
The first time I had strong orgasms back I thought I was going to die too, at the point to have panic attacks sometimes... Then, my psychotherapist told me that it's unlikely to die and there's a French expression for that... "La petite mort". :shock:
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Thank goodness my orgasm intensity has never changed in spite of various crashes which have never returned to baseline...one thing to be thankful for.

I did discover many years ago that I could intensify my orgasm once it had started by holding my breath and pushing down hard on my diaphragm with my internal muscles and releasing maybe every two seconds (a bit like straining for a poo, but slightly higher up...sorry if TMI) If I don't do this the orgasm is pretty good, but working it like this the feeling is fantastic.

I've never seen any reference to this on the internet or in literature. Maybe give it a try next time?

Although as Delfador says I do fear a stroke or something similar...not a pretty sight for the person who finds you!

21G
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

arahant wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:39 am
PAT wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:19 am Thank you all for answering. I will definitely ask my doctor about Buspirone.
There's a company just researching how to optimize the dosing schedule for better results, also combining with other pro-sexual agents.

But the combination is not approved for sales yet.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d43747-020-00951-2

https://emotionalbrain.nl/?page_id=66

What dosage of buspirone helps you? I take 5mg in the am and 10mg at night which doesnt help though i often forget the am dose. What does a high dosage for this look like for you that produces orgasm improvements?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

PittieLady wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:47 pm
arahant wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:39 am
PAT wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:19 am Thank you all for answering. I will definitely ask my doctor about Buspirone.
There's a company just researching how to optimize the dosing schedule for better results, also combining with other pro-sexual agents.

But the combination is not approved for sales yet.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d43747-020-00951-2

https://emotionalbrain.nl/?page_id=66

What dosage of buspirone helps you? I take 5mg in the am and 10mg at night which doesnt help though i often forget the am dose. What does a high dosage for this look like for you that produces orgasm improvements?
I have taken from 15 - 60 mg, divided 3x a day.
45 - 60 mg was the optimal range to me, with a bit of anoying sides. It doesn't mean I am recommending it.

This drug is eliminated fastly, with peak concentration around 2 h after taking it. Food can also change its absorption a bit.

The graph quoted above is from a study in women with a proprietary capsule for timed drug release. They claimed doses that must be somehow synchronized with sexual activity.
It makes sense taking the highest fraction you can tolerate balancing side effects, also a few hours before sex.

The highest dosage I have taken per fraction was 20mg, 1.5-2 h before sex.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
anhedonia

Unread post by anhedonia »

Again, what improved orgasm sensation for me was Bupropion/Wellbutrin 150mg. My orgasms went from numb to better than before PSSD in three days (no effect on libido, ED and numbness during my short trial). I stopped it after a while because I had trouble sleeping, orgasms stayed better than before trying the medication.
Duloxetine for TMJ Pain
PSSD since 01/2020
M26
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

Thanks arahant! I am going to try to up the dose. Realizing too my biggest dose it literally right before i go to bed so thats not overly helpful. Appreciate the info.

And @anhedonia- thats amazing. I did wellbutrin for a while and had no positive effects. Glad it helped you.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Bupropion can improve many issues but anxiety people should not take it.
Broken

Unread post by Broken »

I can achieve a kind of pleasurable orgasm. It's nowhere near as deeply stimulating as before, yet I experience a building pressure that's followed by a brief outburst of delight.

For what it's worth, my libido never really went away. On a good day I can climax multiple times (though I do not recommend this as brain fog, crashes or damage to one's genitals can occur.)

Like any other hurdle, one must incrementally adjust and focus on achievable goals. For instance, I am going to experiment with higher doses of fish oil for cognitive improvements as well as trial the bathmate for reversal of penile atrophy.

That being written, hold your head high. Celebrate the small victories and appreciate what you have.
2010~2012: Prozac, Concerta, Wellbutrin (no effects)
2012~2018: Effexor with 150 mg being typical dose. Weaned off March, reinstatement in June, abrupt cessation in September.
Severe ED, less ejaculate, definitive shrinkage, lack of libido, anhedonia.