Has anyone specifically regained the ability to have a pleasurable orgasm?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Whysoserious

Re: Has anyone specifically regained the ability to have a pleasurable orgasm?

Unread post by Whysoserious »

Can we find partners in this forum?

The most difficult thing for people going through PSSD is to find partner who accepts us.

Can we use this forum to find companion?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

PittieLady wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:54 am Thanks arahant! I am going to try to up the dose. Realizing too my biggest dose it literally right before i go to bed so thats not overly helpful. Appreciate the info.

And @anhedonia- thats amazing. I did wellbutrin for a while and had no positive effects. Glad it helped you.
Yes, because it's also prescribed as an anxiety med, people may think it's like benzo, which is usually taken before bed.
But in the case of buspirone, taking the maximum daily fraction just before bed is just wasting this peak concentration while sleeping:

"Pharmacokinetics of a newly identified active metabolite of buspirone after administration of buspirone over its therapeutic dose range"
Source: https://go.gale.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CA ... =AONE&sw=w
Notice that it wears off quite fast, with close to zero plasma concentration after about 4 h.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
PAT

Unread post by PAT »

Unfortunately, this poster on r/PSSD says Buspar doesn't work:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... for_a_day/

"Your doctor clearly does not know how Buspar works. Buspar on its own increases free serotonin because it desensitizes presynaptic receptors. It has a stronger affinity and potential at presynaptic than postsynaptic. Any dopaminergic function and sexual benefit via postsynaptic activity is far outweighed by the effects of an increase in serotonin.

"The idea that Buspar is sexually beneficial is nonsense that was created on forums such as this by people with no scientific background. Buspar DOES help sexual side effects of SSRIs while ON the medication because presynaptic receptors are already desensitized, leaving only the dopaminergic benefits.

"I’ve even seen Buspar noted as a potential antidote by some of the researchers who have published research on PSSD, and that has further proven to me that they have no idea what they are talking about, including Healy, the biggest fake of all. Once these people lose credibility in your eyes, as they have in mine, you suddenly realize there isn’t a single credible study implicating the existence of PSSD.

"But, back to your point. Buspar is not useful in your case and would make you worse, as it has. There was a study in the 80s that showed Buspar on its own working to increase sexual desire but only if taken at a low to medium dose every 2-3 days, not twice per day. But all of our bodies are different with metabolizing drugs, so it would be a hit or miss activity to find an intake level that doesn’t cross over into increasing serotonin."
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Reddit poster as source? Seriously?
There's a pharmaceutical company spending millions optimizing it for use in female sexual dysfunction for example, Lybridos.
Maybe he knows more than their scientific team, :roll:
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

I have after 6 months 7/10 are normal, they were like 30% in pleasure at the beginning, now they fine, some are pretty insane. Erections are better too, I'd say 80% and sometimes full force but soft glans. Sensivity is shitty as libido.
PAT

Unread post by PAT »

arahant, I know anecdotes aren't evidence, but I don't know what to believe. There's so little research on this subject. The medical community spent so long denying the existence of PSSD that I don't feel I can trust them.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

PAT wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:17 pm arahant, I know anecdotes aren't evidence, but I don't know what to believe. There's so little research on this subject. The medical community spent so long denying the existence of PSSD that I don't feel I can trust them.
There are a couple of publications regarding it's pro sexual effects in real people, some decades ago...there's a pharmaceutical company conducting placebo controled trials for optimizing it's effects alongside testosterone, for symptomatic relief of sexual dysfunction... But if you are expecting a study saying "PSSD treatment", because you might be attached to this name, it would be unlikely to find one. But of you look for alleviating your symptoms, one at a time, who knows?...Not knowing what to believe biases towards negative anecdotes, usually... Especially if someone comes after citing fancy mechanisms to "justify" every negative claim.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

I started upping my buspar and have definitely noticed a couple things.

1. For the first time in like forever I am having vivid dreams and I remember them all. I cant remember the last time I remembered my dreams and for 3 days in a row since upping I have detailed recollection of my dreams. 1 of them had some sexualness to it.

2. Increased libido.

Not noticing orgasmic boosts yet but I am very interested in the dreams bc its so unusual for me. Any thoughts on why that might be?
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

Yes, exogenous hormones has boosted orgasm intensity in my case. Even hcg does for some
Vitamin c should also help, Is a catalyst for various brain enzymes that converts dopamine to noradrenaline
Sheep

Unread post by Sheep »

I've gotten some of my emotions back (except for motivation), I don't feel as cognitively dysfunctional (I still do tho, concentrating and sleeping sucks), but the sexual symptoms have never, ever improved even in the slightest. ESPECIALLY not the orgasm, I feel absolutely nothing when I orgasm, and it's what hits me every time, at least the genital numbness is ignorable as I still get shivers on my spine that feel good (but only if I concentrate). I never had libido, ejaculation or erection issues, just genital numbness and orgasmic anhedonia. This combination actually kinda sucks cause there's this constant need I can't fulfill but it's better than nothing