I am an old member

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Sb919

Re: I am an old member

Unread post by Sb919 »

forexworld12 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:00 pm I can get my hands on Psilocybin. It’s called magic mushroom here. Will have to travel to a village to get it. But how will this help the emotional blunting? Because I have tried smoking marijuana and it did nothing for blunting
Psilocybin is much different than marijuana. For example marijuana increases my social anxiety, but psilocybin basically erases it during and days after I trip.

Check out the microdosing subreddit for a bunch of info on it. From what I read people usually take .25-.5 grams of dry mushroom every other day for depression etc.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

forexworld12 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:00 pm But how will this help the emotional blunting? Because I have tried smoking marijuana and it did nothing for blunting
Completely different drugs. Psilocybin is a 5HT2A agonist (psychedelic). Marijuana (THC) activates the endocannabinoid receptors.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
forexworld12

Unread post by forexworld12 »

Isnt the 5ht2a desentized along with all the other serotonin receptors and sert? How will psilocybin attach to it in a desentizied state? Doesnt the receptors need sensitivity for a drug to attach to it and agonize/antagonize?
I thought upregulating the Sert or any other serotonin receptor upregulation wont work because the receptors are being produced in a desentizied state? Although even if you upregulate them increase their expression or density its being upregulated in a desentized state.. some g protein shit
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

forexworld12 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 am Isnt the 5ht2a desentized along with all the other serotonin receptors and sert? How will psilocybin attach to it in a desentizied state? Doesnt the receptors need sensitivity for a drug to attach to it and agonize/antagonize?
I thought upregulating the Sert or any other serotonin receptor upregulation wont work because the receptors are being produced in a desentizied state? Although even if you upregulate them increase their expression or density its being upregulated in a desentized state.. some g protein shit
Although this is correct in severe PSSD and patients affected badly no longer respond to psychedelics, many other patients still respond to psychedelics and benefit greatly from them. The only way for you to know if you still respond to psychedelics is trial and error. Give it a try!

PSSD isn't simply a high serotonin state. Almost every neurotransmitter system is affected alongside neuroplasticity and the epigenome.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here