Jrums81 has passed

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Northern_Star

Re: Jrums81 has passed

Unread post by Northern_Star »

zeipii2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:49 pm I would say all the very severe cases lose their depression and get the killing anhedonia and emotional numbness instead. That is what makes the whole life hell even if maybe possible to tolerate the loss of sexuality.
That's true. Unfortunately, most people outside these communities will just call that part of the depression. Hence, for outside acceptance of this condition it is important to (also) highlight symptoms that are harder to attribute to mental disorders. For example, in PFS we found androgen receptor overexpression in penile tissue and vascular abnormalities. It's much harder to attribute these clear physical variances to a mental disorder.

Either way, I can only stress again that it is important that these communities get more organized, that people support the existing organizations, make their voices heard on social media and towards the authorities, doctors and scientists. Because this problem will likely not go away on its own and many more tragic threads like this will be opened.
zeipii2

Unread post by zeipii2 »

Tree wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:25 pm
zeipii2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:49 pm I would say all the very severe cases lose their depression and get the killing anhedonia and emotional numbness instead. That is what makes the whole life hell even if maybe possible to tolerate the loss of sexuality.
Agreed. The cognitive side effects are crushing and debilitating. They are overshadowed because the word pssd is too exclusive.
yes exactly, and the less affected people have no idea and go into gaslighting pretty much. That's a sign of just seeing their own level. the term pssd is fully inadequate in so many ways
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

zeipii2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:42 am
Agreed. The cognitive side effects are crushing and debilitating. They are overshadowed because the word pssd is too exclusive.
yes exactly, and the less affected people have no idea and go into gaslighting pretty much. That's a sign of just seeing their own level. the term pssd is fully inadequate in so many ways
Agree. By all accounts Jrums81 did not kill himself because of some libido or erectile dysfunction issues. This condition can be so much more severe. If you have never suffered from anhedonia or derealization it is hard to understand what that means. It is absolutely soul crushing. There is so much more than sexual dysfunction and standard depression to this condition.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Northern_Star wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:56 am

Agree. By all accounts Jrums81 did not kill himself because of some libido or erectile dysfunction issues. This condition can be so much more severe. If you have never suffered from anhedonia or derealization it is hard to understand what that means. It is absolutely soul crushing. There is so much more than sexual dysfunction and standard depression to this condition.
Exactly, the depression is replaced with emotional numbness and anhedonia. It's ironic when doctors disregard these symptoms from patients, when literally the drugs were designed to numb you. These quacks have no business prescribing these powerful and dangerous drugs to people.
zeipii2

Unread post by zeipii2 »

Tree wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:39 am
Northern_Star wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:56 am

Exactly, the depression is replaced with emotional numbness and anhedonia. It's ironic when doctors disregard these symptoms from patients, when literally the drugs were designed to numb you. These quacks have no business prescribing these powerful and dangerous drugs to people.
yes... too late... damage done
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

His last messages:
jrums wrote: I'm 39 and various mental, physical, and neurological problems have kept me at home with my mom. I always had trouble keeping jobs. It always sucked and made me more insecure about meeting women, etc. I now have brain damage from antidepressants so obviously not going anywhere. But now living at home is the least of my problems. It's really only a problem because if I lived on my own I would have CTB already. Anyway I will be ending it in the coming months so none of it matters anyway. You are not pathetic. Whether it's economics or being born with a bad brain, or both, much of this is beyond our control. And in the end none of it matters. Just do you.

They've permanently caused me emotional numbness, PSSD, insomnia, physical changes, body numbness, loss of taste and smell, etc. It's the reason I will end my life. And they caused shitty sexual side and emotional side effects while on them too. People dismissing them as safe have no clue the hell they can cause. Plus while they have some benefit for severe OCD they have small benefit for depression. I deeply regret taking them so long and really just taking them at all.

I have PSSD and the exact same symptoms as you. I have SN and am going to end it soon. It's been 3 years and this shit is permanent. No point in existing as a human corpse.

For those that don't understand we are OFF antidepressants for years. This is in most cases permanent damage caused by antidepressants. SSRIs in our case.

The central nervous system is the brain and spinal cord. N effects the brain and specifically the GABA-A receptor. I have PSSD and that receptor is not responding properly, or it's not fully functioning for me as I can take 200 mg of Valium and not sleep, so then N might not kill me. Or it would take triple the lethal dose. I am using SN for this reason as well as it was easier to get and cheaper.