Post-Abilify/PSSD - Metabolism, building muscle, losing weight, weight training

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
mtkhalid

Unread post by mtkhalid »

Foreword:
As I mentioned earlier...Let me explain my scenario. I have enduring sexual dysfunction symptoms (loss of libido, sexual anhedonia, genital anesthesia, erectyle dysfunction) thanks to Abilify 15 mg. Abilify is an antipsychotic, not an SSRI drug.

- When I was on Abilify 15 mg, it caused tremendous weight gain. I'm not sure if Abilify 15 mg affected my metabolism as well, while I was on it. When I was off it, I didn't experience any further weight gain.
- In the Post-Abilify/PSSD world, I have been able to lose weight simply by watching my diet. So I know Post-Abilify/PSSD hasn't affected my ability to lose weight by dieting.

I've just started working out in the gym again, and I'm strength training (lifting weights). I expect weight-training to build muscle, lose fat, and boost my metabolism in the process, as it did before.

I just want to be sure that Post-Abilify/PSSD hasn't impaired or hindered my ability to boost metabolism and build muscle and lose fat while weight training. Thanks!

If it did, that would certainly be very cruel indeed, as Abilify has already caused enough pain with PSSD sexual symptoms. Cruelty.