Genital Itching

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Yellow99

Genital Itching

Unread post by Yellow99 »

My clitoris is itching. It’s not all the time, sometimes only once a day sometimes twice for like 20 minutes but in that time it almost drives me crazy and I get the urge to scratch aggressively because it’s so bad but I can’t cause I don’t want to damage anything further and that drives me even more crazy. Does anybody else have that?

I read somewhere that some people with pssd have that.

And I am pretty sure it’s pssd related because it started exactly when I got pssd and it’s definitely not fungus cause I already had that and it never made only the clitoris itch. I also got it checked at my gynecologist but she said she can’t find anything that could be causing it.

What the hell on earth could be causing this?
arahant

Re: Genital Itching

Unread post by arahant »

Search for PGAD, there are a few case reports. Like an urge that's not alleviated by orgasms.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Yellow99 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:19 pmI also got it checked at my gynecologist but she said she can’t find anything that could be causing it.

That's basically this phenomenon. What could possibly be causing it? none of us know.

I ain't 100% sure of course but I lean towards it's one's mind. It's no coincidence that symptoms are linked to SSRI consumption and for this we all shoulda been warned of the possibility of triggering the phenomenon and we weren't.. grounds for suing here; this being said, a link between the SSRI ingestion and the symptoms doesn't necessarily mean the SSRI per se causes it..or the relief from depression, when it does, for that matter..

Functional Neurological Disorder/ Conversion Disorder. The symptom has a purpose, the place of the symptom has a reason, there's something we must figure out. Some sexual habits causing shame/guilt perhaps? denying sex? fear of sex? fear of pregnancy? every case may be unique.

Even if this is it, doesn't mean the way out is then easy, I'm afraid.. what does our mind-body needs? what is telling us? we must pay attention, it requires practice.

I tell you, having genital numbness for a year after literally only 60 mg sertaline total, doesn't makes sense. My own mind perpetuating this does, but the puzzle is still not easy!

Do you have a History of hypochondria? symptoms coming and going? hysteria? apprehension and obsessions? symptom aside do you feel less anxious/depressed ever since the symptom?

One thing is certain: whatever the cause, it sucks!

Much Love to you, hang in there, sometimes all one can do is keep going through hell and see what else is there!

I'm thinking yes, anything that will ease anxiety/depression but also: gratefulness! and therapy is our friend!

"The path of gratitude is not for children; it is path of tender heroes, of the heroes of tenderness who, whatever happens, keep burning on the altar of their hearts the flame of adoration." - Rumi
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

no, I only have vulvar itching due to candida which has been coming back every month for years, before pssd I never had candida.

add some details:
- when did you notice the appearance of clitoral itching? how long after pssd? how long has this been going on?
- how often does it happen during the day/week?
Yellow99

arahant wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:20 pm Search for PGAD, there are a few case reports. Like an urge that's not alleviated by orgasms.

Yeah I know of that disorder but I thought it’s like the opposite of pssd.. that you are aroused all the time?

And I have pretty bad genital anesthesia so idk if it could be that
Yellow99

JakeLawe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:14 am
Yellow99 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:19 pmI also got it checked at my gynecologist but she said she can’t find anything that could be causing it.

That's basically this phenomenon. What could possibly be causing it? none of us know.

I ain't 100% sure of course but I lean towards it's one's mind. It's no coincidence that symptoms are linked to SSRI consumption and for this we all shoulda been warned of the possibility of triggering the phenomenon and we weren't.. grounds for suing here; this being said, a link between the SSRI ingestion and the symptoms doesn't necessarily mean the SSRI per se causes it..or the relief from depression, when it does, for that matter..

Functional Neurological Disorder/ Conversion Disorder. The symptom has a purpose, the place of the symptom has a reason, there's something we must figure out. Some sexual habits causing shame/guilt perhaps? denying sex? fear of sex? fear of pregnancy? every case may be unique.

Even if this is it, doesn't mean the way out is then easy, I'm afraid.. what does our mind-body needs? what is telling us? we must pay attention, it requires practice.

I tell you, having genital numbness for a year after literally only 60 mg sertaline total, doesn't makes sense. My own mind perpetuating this does, but the puzzle is still not easy!

Do you have a History of hypochondria? symptoms coming and going? hysteria? apprehension and obsessions? symptom aside do you feel less anxious/depressed ever since the symptom?

Much Love to you, hang in there, sometimes all one can do is keep going through hell and see what else is there!

I'm thinking yes, anything that will ease anxiety/depression but also: gratefulness! and therapy is our friend!

"The path of gratitude is not for children; it is path of tender heroes, of the heroes of tenderness who, whatever happens, keep burning on the altar of their hearts the flame of adoration." - Rumi

I‘m not really sure if you‘re trying to say that pssd is psychological or psychosomatic (?) but in my case it’s 100% not. I did not take the SSRI for depression but for sleeping problems (the most stupid doctor on the planet thought it’s a good idea to prescribe ssri because it makes you tired as a side effect)

I got pssd after just 5 pills and even though I‘ve been a little bit depressed or sad back then because of a break up I‘m in a really good place mentally now but the symptoms haven’t changed A BIT since more than two years unfortunately.

Still thanks for your answer though
Yellow99

anacleta wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:33 am no, I only have vulvar itching due to candida which has been coming back every month for years, before pssd I never had candida.

add some details:
- when did you notice the appearance of clitoral itching? how long after pssd? how long has this been going on?
- how often does it happen during the day/week?
- I can’t tell you exactly when it started but the first month I got pssd the part of my clitoris that felt numb completely shrank away. And during this month the area got like really sensible but only in a non sexual way.. I could feel the underwear in an unpleasant way rubbing against my clitoris, something that I never experienced before pssd and at that time also the itching started and got worse with time. Also since getting pssd I can’t wear joggers without underwear anymore because the slightest rubbing of fabric in that area kinda hurts and kickstarts the itching.

-sometimes it happens 1-2 times per day (actually its often in the evening/night) and some days fortunately not at all.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Yellow99 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:04 pm
JakeLawe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:14 am

I‘m not really sure if you‘re trying to say that pssd is psychological or psychosomatic (?) but in my case it’s 100% not. I did not take the SSRI for depression but for sleeping problems (the most stupid doctor on the planet thought it’s a good idea to prescribe ssri because it makes you tired as a side effect)

I got pssd after just 5 pills and even though I‘ve been a little bit depressed or sad back then because of a break up I‘m in a really good place mentally now but the symptoms haven’t changed A BIT since more than two years unfortunately.

Still thanks for your answer though
Insomnia is bound to make one sad and stressed out. plus, People are depressed and they don't even know it. I ain't 100% sure this a conversion disorder but it may as well be