Any of you guys have experience getting back on antidepressants?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
throwaway

Any of you guys have experience getting back on antidepressants?

Unread post by throwaway »

PSSD left me with chronic nerve pain and my doctor wants to put me on amitriptilyne or nortriptyline or cymbalta which are nerve pain blockers. There's no other medications, gabapentin doesn't really help. What do you guys think I should do? Can you share your experience with getting back on antidepressants and why you did it? Would appreciate it so much.
GIXXER

Re: Any of you guys have experience getting back on antidepressants?

Unread post by GIXXER »

Im currently on zoloft slowly tapering off
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Hi

Sorry to hear you have this pain.... Where is it located? I currently have pain in dick, balls and perineum and behind public bone. Have tried paracetamol, ibuprofen, codeine and naproxen, nothing works on it. Have been offered Amitryptaline, which I've had a very bad reaction to in the past and Gabapentin which I have held back on in fear of crashing further.

Have you suffered any negative effects taking any of the stuff you mentioned?

Seeing a urologist soon, but not holding too much hope.

I have found the pain gets worse under stress. Strangely if I can get past the misery of the pain and get in the mood for and have sex I find the pain is completely disolved, and remains at a very low level after for many hours. How about you?

I've had this pain for 23 years at a very low level, and been on and off AD many times, never shown any signs of getting better. In the last 6.months the pain has increased many fold after a crash to the pont it is disabling. The only time I experienced relief was using oromorph that I had after cancer treatment (non related)... Not the sort of stuff you can stay on for long.

Good luck in your search for relief, perhaps you can share if you find anything.

Regards 21
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Sam_1

Unread post by Sam_1 »

Twentyoneguns wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:43 am Hi

Sorry to hear you have this pain.... Where is it located? I currently have pain in dick, balls and perineum and behind public bone. Have tried paracetamol, ibuprofen, codeine and naproxen, nothing works on it. Have been offered Amitryptaline, which I've had a very bad reaction to in the past and Gabapentin which I have held back on in fear of crashing further.

Have you suffered any negative effects taking any of the stuff you mentioned?

Seeing a urologist soon, but not holding too much hope.

I have found the pain gets worse under stress. Strangely if I can get past the misery of the pain and get in the mood for and have sex I find the pain is completely disolved, and remains at a very low level after for many hours. How about you?

I've had this pain for 23 years at a very low level, and been on and off AD many times, never shown any signs of getting better. In the last 6.months the pain has increased many fold after a crash to the pont it is disabling. The only time I experienced relief was using oromorph that I had after cancer treatment (non related)... Not the sort of stuff you can stay on for long.

Good luck in your search for relief, perhaps you can share if you find anything.

Regards 21
Wonder if you have tight pelvic? I get similar symptoms when my pelvic tension gets worse. Any pain in glutes? Bowel issues?
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

GIXXER wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:21 am Im currently on zoloft slowly tapering off
Did it help at all since being on it?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

In what way?
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

GIXXER wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:52 pmIn what way?
Mentally? Sexually? (Assuming that you are taking it post-pssd)
pat-ml

Unread post by pat-ml »

GIXXER wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:52 pmIn what way?
Have you noticed any improvement in genital sensitivity?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Nope. Numb as always.

Unread post by 123454321 »

Last edited by 123454321 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.