I think I can't do it anymore

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
malink

Re: I think I can't do it anymore

Unread post by malink »

JakeLawe wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 am
malink wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 am
JakeLawe wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:12 am We're all being tormented here, buddy.
There's probably nothing as frustrating in life as one's mind-body not responding, acting on a "will" of it's own.. it truly can drive one to despair

Your best bet for knowing how to cope is to get a therapist. Maybe a grief therapist, a CBT therapist, I don't know.

Read Rumi poetry.

Focus on your mental health, we all probably need therapy as we've been traumatized by this.

Also: no one knows the future. I'm assuming you took the SSRI for depression.. I'd continue to tackle that.

Let us know if you improve by improving your mental health.
I wasn't actually depressed. The doctor only prescribed ssri for premature ejaculation. I, being young, was not informed of the possible side effects. He first prescribed dapoxetine and then, given the high cost, he prescribed escitalopram. I took them when needed and not every day. So I would take it for two days, then five nothing, then I would take it again. My dysfunction occurred during use and not post. I have never stopped the SSRIs, I only stopped them for five days, and then I took them 1/2 times a week. Perhaps this has upset things even more.
Well, read Rumi poetry and tackle your current mental health as best you can regardless. Your erections are bound to come back doing this, sometimes we think we aren't depressed or anxious but we are.

You being young had nothing to do with being properly informed, none of us were.. You say you've never stopped SSRI?

Did you feel anxious and/or depressed during the use of SSRI?Therapy, get to it. And you're welcome for this and my previous reply.
I have never stopped them permanently. I did on off when needed, this was perhaps even worse. When I got PSSD I stopped them permanently.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

What did you try so far?

I can't imagine that there is no herb or med that couldn t improve anything.

microdosing helped me! (escitalopram)
abilify helps somehow
Elontril can help
Inositol helped
Berberine helps!
Forskolin was nice
EGCG helps...
Biloba helps...
Tribulus helps sometimes
Horny Goat Weed helps
Probiotica like LactoSpore helps!
MSM helps!
Boron helped

I couldn t get an erection too... Now I can. sometimes by visual stimuli. when I drink and smoke, it can even ger Rock solid hard... there is just this Blockage in the pelvic floor left.

anhedonia improved through... not the whole spectrums but many Segments by different experimantations.

Don't give up... if you re suicidal, try even more meds and herbs!
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

malink wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:50 am
malink wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 am

I wasn't actually depressed. The doctor only prescribed ssri for premature ejaculation. I, being young, was not informed of the possible side effects. He first prescribed dapoxetine and then, given the high cost, he prescribed escitalopram. I took them when needed and not every day. So I would take it for two days, then five nothing, then I would take it again. My dysfunction occurred during use and not post. I have never stopped the SSRIs, I only stopped them for five days, and then I took them 1/2 times a week. Perhaps this has upset things even more.
Well, read Rumi poetry and tackle your current mental health as best you can regardless. Your erections are bound to come back doing this, sometimes we think we aren't depressed or anxious but we are.

You being young had nothing to do with being properly informed, none of us were.. You say you've never stopped SSRI?

Did you feel anxious and/or depressed during the use of SSRI?Therapy, get to it. And you're welcome for this and my previous reply.
I have never stopped them permanently. I did on off when needed, this was perhaps even worse. When I got PSSD I stopped them permanently.
How sad and or distressed would you say you were about your premature ejaculation? did the SSRI fixed it at first?
malink

Unread post by malink »

CN9 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 am What did you try so far?

I can't imagine that there is no herb or med that couldn t improve anything.

microdosing helped me! (escitalopram)
abilify helps somehow
Elontril can help
Inositol helped
Berberine helps!
Forskolin was nice
EGCG helps...
Biloba helps...
Tribulus helps sometimes
Horny Goat Weed helps
Probiotica like LactoSpore helps!
MSM helps!
Boron helped

I couldn t get an erection too... Now I can. sometimes by visual stimuli. when I drink and smoke, it can even ger Rock solid hard... there is just this Blockage in the pelvic floor left.

anhedonia improved through... not the whole spectrums but many Segments by different experimantations.

Don't give up... if you re suicidal, try even more meds and herbs!
I have tried most of these with no success. I wouldn't want to try too many things, so as not to mess up more.
malink

Unread post by malink »

JakeLawe wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:00 am
malink wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:50 am

How sad and or distressed would you say you were about your premature ejaculation? did the SSRI fixed it at first?
Premature ejaculation didn't depress me, but I wanted to satisfy my girlfriend and, as young as I was, I made this mistake. And even the doctor who prescribed psychiatric drugs to treat this situation did not do the right thing. However yes, when I was taking SSRIs I had total control over ejaculation.