COVID Vaccine

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
JP1985

COVID Vaccine

Unread post by JP1985 »

How have people with PSSD reacted to having the COVID vaccine? Guessing it makes no difference but interested to know?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
silentpain89

Re: COVID Vaccine

Unread post by silentpain89 »

I have PFS/PSSD (Yes i took both and stopped them at pretty much the same time)...
I took Biontech Vaccine 5 months ago..No bad reaction whatsoever...Only no significant pain at the injection site.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

I know of 3 PSSD sufferers, 4 including silentpain who have had it and been fine :)
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

I've had both doses of the AstroZeneca vaccine (February and April) I did experience a marked increase in the level of my tinnitus after the first dose and has persisted, but this could have equally been due to a homeopathic remedy I used at around the same time.

Last edited by Twentyoneguns on Wed May 26, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JP1985 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:16 am How have people with PSSD reacted to having the COVID vaccine? Guessing it makes no difference but interested to know?
I understand the concerns, those are legit.

I had Pfeizer/BioNTech just after it was approved, I only had a bit pain at the shot location for a few days. After the second shot I noticed my covid-19 paranoia reduced a lot.

After witnessing a couple of close friends, some quite young dying or being intubated for weeks, having lots of medications being injected without they even know (just note that Luvox which is a strong SSRi is also being used for covid-19, https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... uvoxamine/)

The composite risk of getting intubated or spread it to someone you love is so ridiculously higher than any virtual "vaccine PSSD worsening" other than nocebo/somatization.

In some countries, there are hotlines to answer any questions regarding the vaccines, It may worth talking to them.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

I had the Moderna vaccine (both doses). I had mild arm soreness after the first dose, and mild fatigue for a day or two after the second dose. Otherwise it was fine.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

I had first my dose of the Pfizer vaccine early this week. Completely side effect free apart from the standard arm pain. No impact on PSSD at all