Lead poisoning

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
garycooper

Lead poisoning

Unread post by garycooper »

Did we clear this up as a potential causes? I was wondering if heavy metals could be the reason why some people do not recover after stopping SSRIs.
If you search, you find out that heavy metals like mercury and lead alter the functioning of many cells, especially neurons. People with lead poisoning have lowers levels of Magnesium and B1 vitamin.

Anybody got a heavy metal test since they had PSSD?
cdraham

Re: Lead poisoning

Unread post by cdraham »

garycooper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:46 pm Did we clear this up as a potential causes? I was wondering if heavy metals could be the reason why some people do not recover after stopping SSRIs.
If you search, you find out that heavy metals like mercury and lead alter the functioning of many cells, especially neurons. People with lead poisoning have lowers levels of Magnesium and B1 vitamin.

Anybody got a heavy metal test since they had PSSD?
Might be worth doing a HTMA
Fester

Unread post by Fester »

I think most heavy metal testing can only identify acute or ongoing exposures. Provocation tests can be very dangerous. Hair testing may be good but the results can be counterintuitive, as there are certain patterns supposedly common in mercury poisoning due to its effects on mineral transport.

I tried alpha lipoic acid (ALA) chelation, following the Cutler protocol. Interestingly it is one of only three things that have caused brain zaps for me, the other two being melatonin and venlafaxine.

Cutler-style chelation did give me occasional windows in sexual and emotional function, but they never lasted unfortunately. ALA seems to greatly reduce my bile outpout. Also the claims that ALA has a 3 hour half life seem to be contradicted by the available data, it is likely much shorter.

Currently, I am trying NBMI. It has occasionally improved my symptoms of anxiety, apathy and anhedonia, but not consistently. It seems to have caused a mild permanent increase in sexual function.

I am also trying orthosilicic acid (OSA) based on the theory I may have some level of aluminium toxicity. Aluminium can potentially interfere with serotonin production. Mineral waters are the most cost effective source of OSA, such as Volvic or Fiji. I have drank Volvic in the past with no apparent effects, but after deliberately taking it on an empty stomach or half-life dosing interval, it gave me headaches, fatigue and irritability. After two days I had a lasting morning erection, in fact it was pointing upwards instead of down... I honestly can't remember the last time it pointed up. Maybe it is something else in the water, there is a small amount of nitrates.

Chelation can have severe negative effects, sometimes permanently. Never take lipoic acid if you have amalgam fillings. Research thoroughly before considering it.
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

Interesting I started drinking water high in silica too based off this being an autoimmune illness and the work of Christopher Exley