Windows stopped coming after quitting weed???

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Rv12321

Windows stopped coming after quitting weed???

Unread post by Rv12321 »

So I developed pssd in December 2018. I believe it was caused by combining Zoloft and weed because I was on zoloft for a year with no sexual problems, but didn't get pssd until I started heavily smoking weed along with it. I came off Zoloft in July 2019 but kept smoking weed casually. I started to get windows in late 2020. But in March of this year I quit weed because I saw posts on here about how it caused crashes and such. Since then my libido has been absolutely nothing. No more windows. Should I get back on the weed? Or maybe should I wait it out a little longer and see if I start to see any positive effects from cutting out weed?
JakeLawe

Re: Windows stopped coming after quitting weed???

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Weed worsening things is BS in my experience. Go on smoke more if it makes you happy.

I reckon weed may temporarily lower testosterone but i ain't even sure.

Abusing weed is probably not good of course and being sober can be a better life, depends.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Similar to what happened to me. Smoked for a long time, and quit when I stopped SSRI's early 2018 due to panic. Crashed into the deepest (and only) depression of my life (took SSRI's for social anxiety). I attributed it to SSRI withdrawal, and not weed since I had quit before many times. It took me about a year and a half to be somewhat functional, and regain my interests slightly.

Started smoking again in late 2019, and it brought me back somewhat. PE was gone and sexual dysfunction/responsiveness way better, orgasms stronger, interest in tv and pc games/attention span back mostly. Was still nowhere near the same though.

Quit again in January of this year, and crashed hard, similar to the first time. Deep depression, sleep issues, anhedonia, and bad premature ejaculation/pleasureless weak orgasm. The problem is, now I can't seem to return to "baseline" even if I smoke weed, it just leaves me feeling more disconnected, much like it did during my previous crash until I hit a certain point.

I'm currently trying to upregulate my endocannabinoid system with CBG/CBD to speed things up, but progress is slow. I really don't want to go through another year+ of this shit, but I guess I don't have much of a choice at this point.

I'm guessing it is PAWS, which can take years to get over, but I think my previous prolonged SSRI use is playing a role. I had never experienced anything like this pre SSRI, or even while I was on them. It is a living hell.
Rv12321

Unread post by Rv12321 »

Sb919 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm Similar to what happened to me. Smoked for a long time, and quit when I stopped SSRI's early 2018 due to panic. Crashed into the deepest (and only) depression of my life (took SSRI's for social anxiety). I attributed it to SSRI withdrawal, and not weed since I had quit before many times. It took me about a year and a half to be somewhat functional, and regain my interests slightly.

Started smoking again in late 2019, and it brought me back somewhat. PE was gone and sexual dysfunction/responsiveness way better, orgasms stronger, interest in tv and pc games/attention span back mostly. Was still nowhere near the same though.

Quit again in January of this year, and crashed hard, similar to the first time. Deep depression, sleep issues, anhedonia, and bad premature ejaculation/pleasureless weak orgasm. The problem is, now I can't seem to return to "baseline" even if I smoke weed, it just leaves me feeling more disconnected, much like it did during my previous crash until I hit a certain point.

I'm currently trying to upregulate my endocannabinoid system with CBG/CBD to speed things up, but progress is slow. I really don't want to go through another year+ of this shit, but I guess I don't have much of a choice at this point.

I'm guessing it is PAWS, which can take years to get over, but I think my previous prolonged SSRI use is playing a role. I had never experienced anything like this pre SSRI, or even while I was on them. It is a living hell.
Tbh I can recall having some minor pssd like episodes before Zoloft from just weed alone. But it would only last like a week. I guess the consensus is that Zoloft + weed can cause weed withdrawal that just takes fucking forever to go away?