Why inositol works?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Breathdeep

Why inositol works?

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Hi guys, I'm looking for some insight into why inositol helps some people and what this may mean. Does it point towards other methods of recovery.

Over the course of my pssd(7 months) ive used inositol a handful of times. Each time I get a window at the beginning of taking it normally 3-4 days, then it stops working. I initially thought this a coincidence but after I kept happening I know this not to be the case.
When I explained this to a consultant, she said it's just a B vitamin and dismissed it.

As I am aware it helps the neurotransmitters in the brain to function/communicate better? I also read that it helps cells that produce thyroid hormone become more efficient. I also read this quoted text about dopamine receptor upregulation "chronic inositol induced a significant increase in striatal D(2) receptor density (B(max)) with a slight, albeit insignificant, increase in 5HT(2) receptor density. This suggests that D(2) receptor upregulation may play an important role in the behavioral effects of inositol although the role of the 5HT(2) receptor in this response is questionable".

Does this mean if inositol helps it points towards a possible reason for pssd and why might it only help temporarily?
Last edited by Breathdeep on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Sb919

Re: Why inositol works?

Unread post by Sb919 »

What's the highest dosage you have used, and for how long?

Most recovery stories I've read involve doses around 18g daily for 5+ weeks. It's one of the things I've yet to try, but it's definitely at the top of my list at this point.
Breathdeep

Sb919 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 pm What's the highest dosage you have used, and for how long?

Most recovery stories I've read involve doses around 18g daily for 5+ weeks. It's one of the things I've yet to try, but it's definitely at the top of my list at this point.
I've tried a dose as high as 18 but that stopped me being able to orgasm or atleast delays it so much it can make ED worse in some way. However if I take anything from 6g to 12g daily it works for s few days.
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
also muted emotions
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

I wonder if it could help with PE if that is the case.

Any noticable improvement with mood while taking it?
Breathdeep

Sb919 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 pm I wonder if it could help with PE if that is the case.

Any noticable improvement with mood while taking it?
No particular change in mood
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
also muted emotions