Stuck with no option but bupropion

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Jaxx

Re: Stuck with no option but bupropion

Unread post by Jaxx »

Buspar is a brand, buspirone is the generic name of the drug
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Yes, seek for buspirone.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

lifeistrash wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:52 am
Jaxx wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:57 pm it is still on the market, at least in EU. As the patent has expired years ago i can hardly imagine it will ever disappear globally….
arahant wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:57 pm You might be just frustrated you could not get it.

Which country are you from?

You mentioned Brazil, here you can see a list of offers :

https://consultaremedios.com.br/cloridr ... spirona/pa

It is still widely available in the USA. But the brand (Buspar) is not sold anymore and there's a generic version I refill six month supply every time I need it.
wtf I am from EU and they literally said Buspar is not sold anymore/inaccessible. I even had the prescription but that’s what the international pharmacy said. What generic version do you mean??
The pharmacy is correct, Buspar, which is the brand name, is not sold anymore, not even in the USA. There's no incentive for the lab selling his brand 2x the price for a medication which now, any laboratory can manufacture and sell as a generic medication: buspirone hydrochloride. Your doctor should write a script for buspirone HCL instead of "buspar".
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
lifeistrash

Unread post by lifeistrash »

arahant wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:11 pm The pharmacy is correct, Buspar, which is the brand name, is not sold anymore, not even in the USA. There's no incentive for the lab selling his brand 2x the price for a medication which now, any laboratory can manufacture and sell as a generic medication: buspirone hydrochloride. Your doctor should write a script for buspirone HCL instead of "buspar".
Okay thanks I will ask him and keep you updated. I am now on bupropion already and I do feel jumpy and have troubles sleeping but I feel less depressed and have more energy which is positive. I think I will stay on it it is not that bad and better than SSRIs. About the sexuality idk yet, shouldn't give sexual dysfunction or anything PSSD ish though.
lifeistrash

Unread post by lifeistrash »

Update: you guys were right, with the generic name I was able to get it from my local pharmacy lol. Idk how the other pharmacy couldn‘t just look it up when I said buspar but whatever. I am soon starting to take it. Wellbutrin works great for me. It gives me energy and motivation and relieves depression. Plus no sexual side effects! Recently I had good sexual pleasure (masturbation) like usual. Depression usually lowers my libido. Anyways the only downside is anxiety is still huge af and sleeping became a problem (falling asleep). I will take sleeping pills / downers to counteract the upper effect of wellbutrin @night. Anyways, hopefully buspirone won‘t cause any sexual effects either.