Anyone else dealing with this as a result of poor decisions and reasons?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

Anyone else dealing with this as a result of poor decisions and reasons?

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

When the doctor told me to explicitly taper off, and the internet told me to taper off slowly for months, but instead, I listened to my family, thinking they knew better, and so I cold turkeyed and now suffering consequences for it. I'm curious if tapering really reduces the risk of PSSD and long-term negative effects? Not to mention that I had to go on this due to dealing with obsessive stalkers, I used to play and participate in an online gaming community consisting of around 1000 players, then of course some deranged person from that game got obsessed with me and has been stalking me since 2017, that's about 4-5 yeas now, just absurd.
Last edited by ihatelexapro444 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHateProzac

Re: Anyone else dealing with this as a result of poor decisions and reasons?

Unread post by IHateProzac »

My mom told me not to take AD/SSRI. I wish I had listened to her.
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

IHateProzac wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:41 pm My mom told me not to take AD/SSRI. I wish I had listened to her.
my cousin also told me to not take AD, I should have also listened, but I was desperate.
IHateProzac

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:17 am
IHateProzac wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:41 pm My mom told me not to take AD/SSRI. I wish I had listened to her.
my cousin also told me to not take AD, I should have also listened, but I was desperate.
Desperation is the main problem
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

No, I did what I thought best for my health. It's nobody's fault and a blessing from a perspective. I had no "choice". I regret not a thing and would do it again.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

About everyone here... In my opinion worst decision a person can make is going to psychiatrist unless he/she is already completely nonfunctional due to being mentally ill to begin with. I wouldn't have gone with simple life problems in any case. There are plenty of healthy alternatives.
seismicwaves

Unread post by seismicwaves »

@lexapro thankfully I am pretty bad at multiplayer games. 😅

But seriously, just like the person above me said, going to psychiatrist is not a good decision unless you are already nonfunctional and mentally ill to begin with. I think SSRIs are handed out like painkillers.

I had a bulged disc and was prescribed fluoxetine for supposed fibromyalgia. I was like yeah, sure.
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

I wish mine had told me too.
IHateProzac

frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:24 am
I wish mine had told me too.
What are the chances that you would have listened? But better stop thinking about this. The more you look back the more difficult the future becomes. To avoid depression, avoid desperation.