Baclofen - Muscle relaxant ED

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
highman

Baclofen - Muscle relaxant ED

Unread post by highman »

Hello,

After taking a low dose of baclofen (muscle relaxant), I began having symptoms of PSSD. For several years the problem has not gone away. I thought it was the GABA receptors. I was wrong. It is most likely just serotonin. I have erections and orgasms but they are so numb.

I need information. Baclofen can destroy serotonin like SSRI?

I have read that Baclofen acts on 5-HT2 receptors. However, I do not have data related to the exact effects.
Meso

Re: Baclofen - Muscle relaxant ED

Unread post by Meso »

highman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:21 pm Hello,

After taking a low dose of baclofen (muscle relaxant), I began having symptoms of PSSD. For several years the problem has not gone away. I thought it was the GABA receptors. I was wrong. It is most likely just serotonin. I have erections and orgasms but they are so numb.

I need information. Baclofen can destroy serotonin like SSRI?

I have read that Baclofen acts on 5-HT2 receptors. However, I do not have data related to the exact effects.
What's the dose of Baclofen you have used?
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
highman

Unread post by highman »

First dose was 25mg. After this dose, I lost sensation partially. next doses killed the sensitivity completely.I have erections, but no feeling there.You have any solutions? Many people taked this without problems.
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

There are so many drugs that if you make a deep research you will find they act on serotonin and even inhibiting the serotonin reuptake. That's how I've crashed, and it's terrible. I believe we (who already have pssd) are in constant danger of making it worse.
Antihistamines , pain killers, herbs, muscle relaxants, etc you find similar mechanism to SSRI'S there.

By making a quick search in google, this is what I could find :

"The mechanisms through which baclofen may have antidepres-sant or switching properties remain unclear. It has been observedthat baclofen has a complex and indefinite action on both the dopaminergic and serotoninergic systems "
highman

Unread post by highman »

Thanks for replies.

This year I realized that everything is about serotonin. All symptoms are similar to those associated with SSRIs.
Muffed emotions, lost genital sensitivity. Some articles said about affinity to 5-HT2 receptors. After 6 years, nothing has improved.

I suggest stay away from this crap like baclofen,tolperisone etc.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

GABAB inhibit serotonin related behavior. Maybe GABAB downregulation disinhibited serotonin and produce this symptoms?
There are many reports of PAWS induced by a GABAB agonist.
highman

Unread post by highman »

At first I also thought it was about GABA. I tested homotaurine for support GABA system and I didn't get any positive results.

It is possible that due to a malfunctioning GABA system, serotonin has been destroyed or is elevated. I must fix serotonin or find another solution.