What is the "crash"?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
guacamo

Re: What is the "crash"?

Unread post by guacamo »

With every treatment there is an risk of crashing, sadly.
Regarding the topic, inositol and sjw do not mesh together, because St john wort is IP3 antagonist (though it states that doses were beyond what could be applied during standard treatment, but the fact that sjw can accumulate in cells cannot be excluded)- link to the paper
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92750/
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

guacamo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:27 pm With every treatment there is an risk of crashing, sadly.
Regarding the topic, inositol and sjw do not mesh together, because St john wort is IP3 antagonist (though it states that doses were beyond what could be applied during standard treatment, but the fact that sjw can accumulate in cells cannot be excluded)- link to the paper
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92750/
As I said initially “ A crash can be caused by many substances which tend to vary between people.”

The point of my response was disagreeing with your statement that you’d rather crash searching for a cure than live a life with PSSD. Cases with more severe symptoms are often much harder to treat. I think we’re in a position where we’re in better place to seek relief safely through the work of Meso and his consultations. Although of course you are entitled to your opinions
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I understand your point about the fact that not everyone want to risk their mental health by being lab rat. Would you inform me more about meso work on PSSD?
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

guacamo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:12 pm I understand your point about the fact that not everyone want to risk their mental health by being lab rat. Would you inform me more about meso work on PSSD?
This is his website which contains info about himself and what he can offer :)

https://www.theresearchzone.com/
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Its important to note that prescription drugs prescribed by your doctor for other unconnected medical conditions also have the potential to crash you...Personal experiences were crashes caused by treatment for Hypothyroidism and Hydrocortisone cream used for a skin problem, both crashes have not resolved in over a year.

You may think you are in a bad position now (as I did), but I can promise you there is even further to fall if you crash.

Be very careful what you use.

Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Twentyoneguns wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:40 am Its important to note that prescription drugs prescribed by your doctor for other unconnected medical conditions also have the potential to crash you...Personal experiences were crashes caused by treatment for Hypothyroidism and Hydrocortisone cream used for a skin problem, both crashes have not resolved in over a year.

You may think you are in a bad position now (as I did), but I can promise you there is even further to fall if you crash.

Be very careful what you use.

I personally take levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism and i do not feel that it does affect PSSD at all. There maybe were crashes from it but hypothyroidism is a serious disease and untreated reduces quality of life significantly, even can be lethal.
So i wouldnt try to put away people from taking the medicine they need. Hypothyroidism itself can significantly reduce libido, it basically affects everything, heart, weight gain, tiredness, fatigue, sore joints and many other. It takes few weeks for levothyroxine to reduce THS level.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

I believe I suffered a crash from masturbating too much. I was experiencing a sudden period of substantial recovery and I masturbated too many times in one day and now I have regressed horribly. This was almost a month and a half ago.
fth

Unread post by fth »

ryjoseph97 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:22 pm I've been on just about every SSRI/SNRI available, including Paxil up until 2 weeks ago.
So you've only been off of SSRI's for two weeks?
► Fluoxetine & methylphenidate (03/2016 - 07/2019)
► Symptoms started somewhere in 2018
► Social phobia (formerly), OCD, ADHD
► Dexamphetamine (06/2021 - now)
🇳🇱
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

I think the longest I went without SSRIs since PSSD was two months. I have since spent my time going off and on to try to cure severe depression. In hindsight though, I wish I would have let my body adjust to being off the drugs, in case I was experiencing withdrawals more than anything. At this point I am taking an extremely low dose of mirtazapine and focusing on my microbiome.