What is the "crash"?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ryjoseph97

What is the "crash"?

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

Hi everyone - I am brand new here but I am 4 years into PSSD. I only recently began treating it (within the past 3 weeks) because I thought my issue was just premature ejaculation. I have low libido and blunted orgasms as well. After extensive research, I am confident that I have PSSD as all of these issues began after going off SSRIs four years ago. I've been on just about every SSRI/SNRI available, including Paxil up until 2 weeks ago.

My question is, what is meant by the "crash" when it comes to treatment? I am taking SJW and inositol, but I have also considered lithium. I hear people speaking of a crash with lithium (as well as others). I've tried to search this forum to find a definition of the crash but I've been unsuccessful.
ErgogenicHealth

Re: What is the "crash"?

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

A crash usually refers to a loss of progress, or even a deterioration of progress. Usually a crash means a worsening of symptoms, which can be caused by specific herbs, supplements, drugs or foods. For example, 5-HTP can cause many people on this forum to "crash"
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

ryjoseph97 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:22 pm Hi everyone - I am brand new here but I am 4 years into PSSD. I only recently began treating it (within the past 3 weeks) because I thought my issue was just premature ejaculation. I have low libido and blunted orgasms as well. After extensive research, I am confident that I have PSSD as all of these issues began after going off SSRIs four years ago. I've been on just about every SSRI/SNRI available, including Paxil up until 2 weeks ago.

My question is, what is meant by the "crash" when it comes to treatment? I am taking SJW and inositol, but I have also considered lithium. I hear people speaking of a crash with lithium (as well as others). I've tried to search this forum to find a definition of the crash but I've been unsuccessful.
"Crash" is just a scary buzzword used for venting purposes. You might find people using it for describing things like: premature ejaculation after drinking alcohol on a first date with a hot affair, months after quiting a medication without any withdrawal, or dead dick crash after a covid-19 vaccine, but also crash as being bedridden with no energy to take a shower. Take it as a massive grain of salt also considering the context of someone describing that, which can be quite different than yours...also be gentle with your body and mind.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
heymartinn

Unread post by heymartinn »

Persistent worsening of your symptoms' baseline with or w/o appearance of new symptoms. Usually it happens due to substances.
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

"Crash" is just a scary buzzword used for venting purposes. You might find people using it for describing things like: premature ejaculation after drinking alcohol on a first date with a hot affair, months after quiting a medication without any withdrawal, or dead dick crash after a covid-19 vaccine, but also crash as being bedridden with no energy to take a shower. Take it as a massive grain of salt also considering the context of someone describing that, which can be quite different than yours...also be gentle with your body and mind.
[/quote]

That is very insightful! There are actually many days when I have no energy for even mundane things like picking up after myself. It's all starting to make sense.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

A crash is a permanent worsening of baseline symptoms. They exist. It happened to me unfortunately when I crashed from a 5ht1a agonist. I went from having mild to severe pssd and it ruined my life.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I had the same crash. Identical like you!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

I’d agree with Tree and Finities, a crash is nothing to be overlooked and is in absolutely no way “a scary buzzword for venting purposes”.

A crash can be caused by many substances which tend to vary between people. As tree said, a crash can lower the baseline symptoms that one suffers with and can even create more symptoms. For example if you only suffer with sexual symptoms now, a crash can induce more symptoms such as brain fog and anhedonia among many others. It can also worse the symptoms you have eg. numbness can get worse. For some, crashes are temporary and they recover with time however they are often permanent and many of the severe cases that you see here were mild and have worsened through crashes.

I’d refer to this list from Meso who is a pharmacist: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4194&hilit=Things+to+avoid

I’d also be cautious about anything you try med wise and use the search bar of the forum with any substance. If you remain unsure you can create a new thread and ask others. In this situation I’d argue that it’s always better to be cautious rather than risk a worsening yourself.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I know there is potential for crash with every substance, however i would rather become a retard or get brain damage trying to cure PSSD, than live that way till the rest of my days. Hope some of you share this line of thinking.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

guacamo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:11 pm I know there is potential for crash with every substance, however i would rather become a retard or get brain damage trying to cure PSSD, than live that way till the rest of my days. Hope some of you share this line of thinking.
Maybe you would but I’m sure that many others wouldn’t. Let’s keep the thread on topic please