My introduction and experience with treatment

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ryjoseph97

My introduction and experience with treatment

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

Hello all - I am new here so I want to introduce myself and hopefully be a valuable member here! Back in 2015, I went on Lexapro for social anxiety and found it helpful, yet packed with side effects, so I tried others as well. I've tried lexapro, sertraline, prozac, venlafaxine, and, more recently, paxil (I believe all of them were generic). I also used to abuse xanax and tramadol, though I've been clean from those substances for 4+ years.

Anyways, I have PSSD now (surprise). I don't get morning wood anymore and my orgasms are like 45-50%. I can get aroused if I try hard enough but it takes effort. In the summer of 2019, I began having wet dreams about every night, although they have subsided. I first noticed symptoms of PSSD (PE) in 2017.

I only recently started seeking treatment options. I have been on 900mg SJW hypercerin for under a week, 18g of inositol for a little more than a week, 1g ALCAR, and 2g L-Tyrosine for about 5 days. I have some questions about how I am feeling now.

I had an improved orgasm today - I actually was more sweaty and my skin turned a bit red (but not in a bad way). Do you think this is related to L-Tyrosine or ALCAR? Like is it a dopaminergic response?

I also noticed shrinkage/ED that began once I started taking SJW and Inositol. I still have low libido as well. Are SJW or Inositol known for this? I recognize the heterogeneity of cases but is this a pattern you've seen? I had about normal size today and I postposed my SJW and Inositol doses. Has anyone experienced a worsening of symptoms with either of these before things improved?

One other thing I'd like to mention, in case it helps any theories. I asked yesterday about the "crash" and, since then, I have wondered if I crashed from either getting Covid-19 last Summer or from the prescription steroid cream I used to kill my skin rash. I can't confirm 100% that I had Covid but I got a really painful, bumpy, skin rash on hands, feet, and legs - a symptom sometimes associated with the virus. I also had an immune response to the JNJ vaccine, which might further indicate that I previously had the disease. Ever since that time (i.e., the time of the skin rash last Summer), my energy has plummeted and remained low. Sometimes I'll be working and then a wave of fatigue crashes me. I've noticed, however, that if I am physically active (especially with sports), I can go for a while (perhaps the adrenaline helps me).

I know I threw a lot into this post. Hopefully it's beneficial in some way to someone (and most importantly.. me) ;)
guacamo

Re: My introduction and experience with treatment

Unread post by guacamo »

Taking inositol and sjw is counterproductive, because sjw is IP3 antagonist and it might play a part in it being efficious in PSSD. I would rather take lithium with sjw as they both complement each other in that department.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I have a tragic reaction to lithium, it made me permanently worsen my PSSD (like the mianserin or escitalopram that triggered my PSSD). I felt similar on the withdrawal of tryptophan depletion (exinstential tortures).
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

Which drug do you think caused your PSSD?
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

That’s hard to say. I abused a lot of drugs (including tramadol) when I was taking ssris and i’ve tried every common ssri. I have started to lean towards tramadol being the cause but I have no way of knowing.