anyone else get rashes after?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

anyone else get rashes after?

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

during and even long after quitting escitalopram/lexapro, i developed red rashes on my forehead and around my nose, and it hasn't gone away, i wonder if this could be a clue that it changed something permanent.
Thomas

Re: anyone else get rashes after?

Unread post by Thomas »

It could be seborrheic dermatitis which is a very common reaction to anxiety (~5% of people have it)
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Thomas wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:49 pm It could be seborrheic dermatitis which is a very common reaction to anxiety (~5% of people have it)
Nice hypothesis, but remember there's a tendency to attribute every single symptom to pssd after joining those forums.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
ihatelexapro444

Thomas wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:49 pm It could be seborrheic dermatitis which is a very common reaction to anxiety (~5% of people have it)
yea it seems like it is this, though how come ssri triggered this?
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Why do you want this to be related? Please don't fall in the tendency to attribute every single medical issue you have to pssd.
But if you are looking for causality, I would say you are anxious about your PSSD, and this anxiety induced dermatitis.
NB: I have dermatitis
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
ihatelexapro444

Thomas wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:05 pm Why do you want this to be related? Please don't fall in the tendency to attribute every single medical issue you have to pssd.
But if you are looking for causality, I would say you are anxious about your PSSD, and this anxiety induced dermatitis.
NB: I have dermatitis
I don't want it to be related ? lol. It started happening while on SSRI and persists after coming off of SSRI, and while I'm aware this is a PSSD forum, I'm not contributing this to PSSD, I'm contributing it to SSRI. I had anxiety my entire life and I never had this condition lol, had massive social anxiety during school, adolesence, and everything else, yet clear skin until I took this. Any rational individuals would point it to SSRI after noticing such sequences of events.
Also, my anxiety level dropped significantly after SSRI, I was 10x more anxious before than I am now, another sign that this drug definitely left some lasting effects.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Well, I only say this is a very common disease. Maybe it just happened, without any relation with SSRIs.
I didn't have anxiety when my dermatitis started.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

There seems to be some relationship between the skin and libido boosting hormones. Read this recent study:

Skin exposure to UVB light induces a skin-brain-gonad axis and sexual behavior

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fullt ... ctitle0010
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Here is a literature review about SSRIs effecting the skin:

Severe skin complications in patients treated with antidepressants: a literature review

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4112250/
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

I am not on SSRI, haven't been in a long time, and I continue to have skin issues.