Can tramadol cause PSSD?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Janzio

Can tramadol cause PSSD?

Unread post by Janzio »

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) from using tramadol either for a long time or from one time or occasional use? I took a bunch of tramadol over the course of three days over three months ago and now I have had persistent symptoms of PSSD. I have low libido, slight genital numbness, reduced semen volume, weak erections, rare morning erections, and weaker orgasms.
guacamo

Re: Can tramadol cause PSSD?

Unread post by guacamo »

Tramadol technically has SSRI properties, they are weak though in comparison to SSRI, you would have to take really large dosage to inhibit SERT the same way standard SSRI's do. It is possible for tramadol to cause PSSD? Again technically Yes. Likely? Probably not, but this forum is full of unlikely cases.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

guacamo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:23 pm Tramadol technically has SSRI properties, they are weak though in comparison to SSRI, you would have to take really large dosage to inhibit SERT the same way standard SSRI's do. It is possible for tramadol to cause PSSD? Again technically Yes. Likely? Probably not, but this forum is full of unlikely cases.
I took it three days in a row. The first day was around 700 mg over the course of like 10 hrs. Then the next day I took around maybe 300 over a few hours. The last day I took only 200 mg. Do you think this was enough?
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

guacamo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:23 pm Tramadol technically has SSRI properties, they are weak though in comparison to SSRI, you would have to take really large dosage to inhibit SERT the same way standard SSRI's do. It is possible for tramadol to cause PSSD? Again technically Yes. Likely? Probably not, but this forum is full of unlikely cases.
Have you ever heard of any case of tramadol causing PSSD?
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

PSSD (or Persistant sexual disorder) is really weird because it can from many substance. Last time I wanted to try SAMe, I checked many things and I found a guy in reddit who got PSSD from it. As far as I know the only case. I also read a guy who got it from Maca (the only substance he took) and another one maybe from creatine. At the contrary of crash wich can have a part of only fluctuation or maybe also psychological part, people who didn't know about PSSD and who reported all the symptoms, it's hard to believe it's only psychological.
PSSD look very mystery disease. Probably something happen in the brain, the substance play a role I'm sure there is another mechanism. I'm working on it, but that's tricky.
So, even if someone claimed to be cured with Tramadol I think that's totally possible to get PSSD from tramadol as well...
Good luck my friend. I think we are kind of close of discovering something.
Me I got a crash, I think a real one, from Curcumin 3 weeks ago. I'm trialing something else, I'll let you know soon.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Janzio wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:37 pm
I took it three days in a row. The first day was around 700 mg over the course of like 10 hrs. Then the next day I took around maybe 300 over a few hours. The last day I took only 200 mg. Do you think this was enough?
Such dosages inhibit SERT at the same potency as terapeutic doses of prescription SSRI, considering that it is possible that you got PSSD from tramadol, however i would wait 2 weeks before freaking out, as things might settle down and come back to normal.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

This was three and a half months ago.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

Though I did notice my sleep and mood started getting better last week and my erections got better but then I learned that this could be PSSD about 3 days ago and suddenly everything got worse again. My sleep is even worse now and my anxiety just skyrocketed and my erections are awful again, I have to manually stimulate myself.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Many people reported total recovery after few months or even year and a half, so there is still hope.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:33 pm Many people reported total recovery after few months or even year and a half, so there is still hope.
Yea but what about people who only took a few doses or a single dose like I did and develop these symptoms? How likely are they to recover?