Libido doubled from diet

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Breathdeep

Libido doubled from diet

Unread post by Breathdeep »

I have given up all grain except quinoa. I eat NO sugar at all and NO additives in any way in food. If the ingredients isn't pure then I don't eat it. My diet is good meat, veg, fish, eggs, yoghurt, oats and oatmilk, fresh herbs and very occasionally blueberry which is my only sugar.

This has improved mood, improved energy massively. I used to be able to sleep 10+ hours and still struggle. Now sleep 7hrs a night and can work as a labourer and still have energy for a jog after working. My libido was at 20% now more like 40%. Anxiety lowered too. The downside is it's a ball ache to always stick to diet but so used to it now it's ok. Been doing this for a month and noticed a negative impact to libido first few weeks but after than way better
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
JP1985

Re: Libido doubled from diet

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi, great post 👍 How are you feeling now? I just quit sugar 4 days ago and my mood is low and sex drive very low. Do you suffer genital numbness? Did this improve? Also I see in your signature that you have muted emotions, has it helped that in any way?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Breathdeep wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:07 pm I have given up all grain except quinoa. I eat NO sugar at all and NO additives in any way in food. If the ingredients isn't pure then I don't eat it. My diet is good meat, veg, fish, eggs, yoghurt, oats and oatmilk, fresh herbs and very occasionally blueberry which is my only sugar.

This has improved mood, improved energy massively. I used to be able to sleep 10+ hours and still struggle. Now sleep 7hrs a night and can work as a labourer and still have energy for a jog after working. My libido was at 20% now more like 40%. Anxiety lowered too. The downside is it's a ball ache to always stick to diet but so used to it now it's ok. Been doing this for a month and noticed a negative impact to libido first few weeks but after than way better

Hi, great post 👍 How are you feeling now? I just quit sugar 4 days ago and my mood is low and sex drive very low. Do you suffer genital numbness? Did this improve? Also I see in your signature that you have muted emotions, has it helped that in any way?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

JP1985 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:29 am
Breathdeep wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:07 pm I have given up all grain except quinoa. I eat NO sugar at all and NO additives in any way in food. If the ingredients isn't pure then I don't eat it. My diet is good meat, veg, fish, eggs, yoghurt, oats and oatmilk, fresh herbs and very occasionally blueberry which is my only sugar.

I don't really suffer from numbness but I do notice more touch pleasure with better libido. You have to stick with diet and general lifestyle for a while to see benefits.
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
hplss_wndrr

Unread post by hplss_wndrr »

it is basically the diet to treat candida / gut bacteria - to heal the gut. so that could make sense with the sibo/sifo theory of pssd.

do you notice a worsening if you eat grains / gluten even just for one day?