The Future of PSSD and of Meso

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Meso

The Future of PSSD and of Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Important message. Do what you can do to make money for PSSD research!

https://www.theresearchzone.com/post/th ... nd-of-meso
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
GIXXER

Re: The Future of PSSD and of Meso

Unread post by GIXXER »

You lost me when attacked you Dr Healy. Hasn't money been raised for research already? We need to spread awareness about PSSD to find more victims of this terrible nightmare. With more victims will come money for research.

You use PFS as example of what could be done for PSSD. How many children, teenagers, and women are prescribed finasteride? How many antidepressants are prescribed compared to finasteride? In my opinion our main objective should be spreading awareness about PSSD. Once we find more victims within in our own countries we can lobby the government that's allows these drugs on the market. Bottomline we need PSSD to go viral in the media. We make that happen and we will get the money for the research.
Last edited by GIXXER on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

We have a GoFundMe page which has raised over $30,000 for Melcangi Research. Please make any amount donation.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

GIXXER wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm You lost me when attacked you Dr Healy. Hasn't money been raised for research already? We need to spread awareness about PSSD to find more victims of this terrible nightmare. With more victims will come money for research.

You use PFS as example of what could be done for PSSD. How many children, teenagers, and women are prescribed finasteride? How many antidepressants are prescribed compared to finasteride? In my opinion our main objective should be spreading awareness about PSSD. Once we find more victims within in our own countries we can lobby the government that's allows these drugs on the market. Bottomline we need PSSD to go viral in the media. We make that happen and we will get the money for the research.
Healy basically called me a gravedigger and a scammer in his article which he has written about me. But I'll be the politician here and remove the bit about Healy. Water under the bridge.

I agree with you, PSSD either has to go viral in the media, which is highly unlikely, or we get rich and fund research. What I can do is raise awareness within the scientific community by publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts on PSSD. That's what I can do as a professional.
Last edited by Meso on Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

JLo22 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:23 pm We have a GoFundMe page which has raised over $30,000 for Melcangi Research. Please make any amount donation.
Melcangi's research managed to raise the funds, yes, but when we proposed the study on epigenetic alteration we only raised $6,000 out of the 23K needed.

Either way, my colleague Dr. Mustafa is working on his PhD so our study cannot take place anymore.
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

Was the $6000 returned bc study could no longer take place?
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

JLo22 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:22 am Was the $6000 returned bc study could no longer take place?
To the best of my knowledge the money was only pledged and not actually donated.