Anyone taking propecia post PSSD?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Gonzo

Anyone taking propecia post PSSD?

Unread post by Gonzo »

Chances are it will make things worse?
I'm sure some of you have faced the same dilemma, between going bald or risking more libido issues.
It's obviously a risk but the fact you have PSSD does it mean propecia will make you worse? Because as far as I know the mechanism is completely different.
Technically, it can't make PSSD worse, right? But it may give you his own syndrome, I guess that's the risk.
I would appreciate any experience.
Northern_Star

Re: Anyone taking propecia post PSSD?

Unread post by Northern_Star »

Gonzo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:31 pm Because as far as I know the mechanism is completely different.
That's not necessarily true. Several studies have shown that SSRIs have endocrine disruptive and particularly anti-androgenic effects (see here: https://www.propeciahelp.com/pfs-manife ... epressants). That's why we, the staff of PFS Network and the scientists that consult us, suspect that PSSD and PFS are in fact the same or at least very similar conditions. As a PFS patient, I would argue against Propecia in general, because hair loss is trivial compared to the potential effects of PFS that go far beyond just libido or erection problems. However, given the potential overlap between PSSD and PFS I'd say that you have already shown a certain sensitivity to endocrine disruptive substances and therefore at a high risk to make yourself worse.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

I'm scared to take it. Since I was susceptible to getting PSSD from SSRI, my gut tells me i'm probably one of the few that are susceptible to PFS.
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

Troskie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:09 pm I'm scared to take it. Since I was susceptible to getting PSSD from SSRI, my gut tells me i'm probably one of the few that are susceptible to PFS.
Same fear I have.
But I took Accutane for example and zero sexual side effects.
But it's a gamble, right.