My OCD and depression have increased after PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Tfam489

My OCD and depression have increased after PSSD

Unread post by Tfam489 »

My short story:

Due to my problems with finding job I developed depression.
Started with Wellbutrin, helps a lot but I found job and interest in sport which also can be factor in recovery from depression.

Later I lost my job and my journey with antidepressants started again. I have been using many Ssri's without any success but also without any sexual problems after quitting. This dropped my guard with possibility of PSSD. Nail to my coffin was lexapro.

2 years after quitting and I have full blown PSSSD symptoms- sexual, anhedonia etc.
In meantime I move to small town which drown me crazy. I am isolated, my family doesn’t understand my problems.
I am drug free, my depression and OCD greatly improved. I barely can live like this. I never had that strong depression, to be honest I want end my life.

My levels of hormones are super fine. My doctor can prescribe me whatever I want.
I am also going to psychotherapy but in this state I do not benefit from this.

I am not asking for supplements, drugs etc. My question is someone benefit from moving to bigger city ? Have more people around, more responsibilities?
Tfam489

Re: My OCD and depression have increased after PSSD

Unread post by Tfam489 »

Or should I ask how overcome ocd and depression without ssris but this is silly question.
nicopickle

Unread post by nicopickle »

i find this post very interesting, ever since pssd my intense ocd has disappeared, along with a lot of anxiety. i have a weird feeling like these drugs literally flip a switch in mental symptoms. happy people get anhedonia, depressed people feel on top of the world. obviously with pssd it’s different, just my thoughts
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

nicopickle wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:58 pm i find this post very interesting, ever since pssd my intense ocd has disappeared, along with a lot of anxiety. i have a weird feeling like these drugs literally flip a switch in mental symptoms. happy people get anhedonia, depressed people feel on top of the world. obviously with pssd it’s different, just my thoughts
Happy people don't get anhedonia, they weren't happy either it's why they took an antidepressant for whatever reason.

I agree with the other.
In fact I suspect that's the experience for many. Yes, this sucks but back then I could barely wake up from bed and I can't say I've felt the heaviness as bad as before.. I know my depression was really bad, it really was, I wasn't making it up, what it was? I don't know but it was bad, specially in the mornings. I have my own hypothesis about it.
JakeLawe

Tfam489 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:41 am Or should I ask how overcome ocd and depression without ssris but this is silly question.
You don't "overcome", you experience fully and travel to the other side.

Alternately there's a plethora of alternatives to ssris, which may work even better.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:48 am
nicopickle wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:58 pm i find this post very interesting, ever since pssd my intense ocd has disappeared, along with a lot of anxiety. i have a weird feeling like these drugs literally flip a switch in mental symptoms. happy people get anhedonia, depressed people feel on top of the world. obviously with pssd it’s different, just my thoughts
Happy people don't get anhedonia, they weren't happy either it's why they took an antidepressant for whatever reason.

I agree with the other.
In fact I suspect that's the experience for many. Yes, this sucks but back then I could barely wake up from bed and I can't say I've felt the heaviness as bad as before.. I know my depression was really bad, it really was, I wasn't making it up, what it was? I don't know but it was bad, specially in the mornings. I have my own hypothesis about it.
People can be happy and take antidepressants for different reasons.
JakeLawe

Integra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:22 am

I agree with the other.
I disagree. Insomnia? unhappy. OCD? unhappy anxiety? unhappy. Just saying whatever the issue these people were not 100% happy no?

Same with people that took Accutane and Propecia, Acne or hair loss don't particularly make people happy. These meds are their antidepressant.

I postulate when the med works the depression lifts.. but sometimes the depression is so severe, so rooted that it needs an outlet.. the mind transfer this into a symptom or several, what better chance to do this "trick" than upon ingestion of something labeled as "antidepressant"

Or the med only works half-way, and the rest of or a big chunk of the depression gets converted.

Rather than antidepressant perhaps we took "placebo with the ability to transfer one's depression to a body part due being called "officially" an "antidepressant" " I rather keep my original depression so now i gotta work on being happy by all ethical means so there's nothing else to transfer to my dick.

I suspect the people with the most previously severe cases of depression and anxiety are the ones whose symptom takes longer to reverse and I suspect these people don't have as severe case now, despite the symptom. Again, not saying this is good I rather have severe depression than a numb dick honestly. So either transfer back somehow or be completely happy so there's nothing else to transfer.
JakeLawe

The title of this is all wrong btw, should read "My anxiety and OCD have DECREASED since this phenomenon" but seems OP doesn't natively speaks English
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

JakeLawe wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 am

I agree with the other.
I disagree. Insomnia? unhappy. OCD? unhappy anxiety? unhappy. Just saying whatever the issue these people were not 100% happy no?

Same with people that took Accutane and Propecia, Acne or hair loss don't particularly make people happy. These meds are their antidepressant.

I postulate when the med works the depression lifts.. but sometimes the depression is so severe, so rooted that it needs an outlet.. the mind transfer this into a symptom or several, what better chance to do this "trick" than upon ingestion of something labeled as "antidepressant"

Or the med only works half-way, and the rest of or a big chunk of the depression gets converted.

Rather than antidepressant perhaps we took "placebo with the ability to transfer one's depression to a body part due being called "officially" an "antidepressant" " I rather keep my original depression so now i gotta work on being happy by all ethical means so there's nothing else to transfer to my dick.

I suspect the people with the most previously severe cases of depression and anxiety are the ones whose symptom takes longer to reverse and I suspect these people don't have as severe case now, despite the symptom. Again, not saying this is good I rather have severe depression than a numb dick honestly. So either transfer back somehow or be completely happy so there's nothing else to transfer.
I didn't have any depression or other mental disorders. Just pain in joint. And my neurologist suggested it was fibromyalgia and prescribed an antidepressant. Although in fact it was an infectious disease. Even with the pain in my knees, I felt like a normal person, alive, sincere, kind.
So I doubt that your hypothesis is correct. I will soon write a post with my own thoughts on this whole situation of ours, as it is much more global than just sexual disorders.
JakeLawe

Integra wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:52 am
JakeLawe wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 am

I didn't have any depression or other mental disorders. Just pain in joint. And my neurologist suggested it was fibromyalgia and prescribed an antidepressant. Although in fact it was an infectious disease. Even with the pain in my knees, I felt like a normal person, alive, sincere, kind.
So I doubt that your hypothesis is correct. I will soon write a post with my own thoughts on this whole situation of ours, as it is much more global than just sexual disorders.
What are your symptoms? pain in joint.. of course. Hey, I felt normal with depression too because I think most people have it anyway to one degree or another and isn't 24/7, really even though many people here will probably say.. i call bullshit, even depression gives respite at times.

Pain on your knees.. then you took the antidepressant.. which would solve it.. did it? you were officially getting something from an "expert".. i bet the pain went away..then then symptom started.

Why not post your thoughts now and here? no need to make it it's own post i say, but whatever.

I still think this hypothesis is the best we have but it's unpopular because it involves one's mind.

And i honestly think a pain in joints would particularly contribute to happiness, which was/is my point.