hormone changes = body/brain “safe mode”

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
nicopickle

hormone changes = body/brain “safe mode”

Unread post by nicopickle »

so the only explanation for all of the drugs that cause pssd symptoms is the changes in hormones. there was a girl that just posted getting pssd symptoms from birth control. i believe that the body gets overwhelmed by these changes and basically goes into safe mode, causing all of these issues such as anhedonia, emotional numbness, sexual dysfunction, cognitive decline.

i’ve actually experienced brief moments that feel ok, never anything close to full recovery, however the important think i noticed with these brief improvements, is my acne came back, oil started producing on my skin again, earwax started producing again, body started feeling sore again, i started sweating more, sleep was restorative again. i recently had a very nice few days where i felt blissful and optimistic. this was accompanied by all of those changes.

these brief recoveries show that we don’t have permanent damage, we are just stuck in a sort of “safe mode”
nicopickle

Re: hormone changes = body/brain “safe mode”

Unread post by nicopickle »

i just wanted to add to this- recently i thought pssd was an autoimmune condition because of peoples allergies disappearing when the developed pssd. however these allergies are caused by fluctuating hormone levels, for example, asthma = estrogen fluctuation. this would also be the same for my experience with acne. and feeling better being accompanied by acne and other things