PE & ED: Let's try to make sense of that combination

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Alte.Brown

Re: PE & ED: Let's try to make sense of that combination

Unread post by Alte.Brown »

@ytho
Yes, that might be one of the reasons, low serotonin, or perhaps some problems with the serotonin receptors in the cells due to the exposure of so much serotonin while on SSRI ( like if they got burnt out or saturated or something) of course this theory is based on my pure intuition, anyway..
And regarding your last question, no absolutely NO like pre PSSD ( but in pre PSSD I was a “sexual machine”, really) so there’s no comparison possible but at least some erection to have let’s say a “decent” sexual intercourse. Yes, I think so PDE5 depends very much on your capacity for good libido, but poor libido is the most common symptom among PSSD sufferers. I always try to fight back that condition, always thinking on sex, on wild fantasies and not let my libido die. My partner has a huge collection of lingerie for example, she is very understanding and that’s good for a PSSD patient like me.
OCD. Escitalopram from Aug 2016 until Sep 2017 (up to 40 mg/day).Then, some 6 months of benzos for sleeping. PSSD since Mar 2017.
ED, premature eyaculation, low libido.
ytho

Unread post by ytho »

@Alte.Brown

Thanks for getting back at me. I like how you think about / try to make sense about this condition. I agree to everything you said. My wife also has some good utilities to turn me on, but it’s crazy how much effort it takes now to get aroused.

I’ll be visiting another urologist who specializes in male sexual function and disorders in February. He won’t be able to cure pssd but I’m hoping he can suggest possible treatment approaches. If he can’t help at all, I’ll have to experiment with things that make sense from my understanding which as a last resort would also include the possibility of reinstatement.
ytho

Unread post by ytho »

Any more input from my fellow PSSD people? I assume PE and ED is a more rare combination, but let’s try to makes sense about it collaboratively.