Nearly 100% recovered with time

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Janzio

Nearly 100% recovered with time

Unread post by Janzio »

I have now recovered about 90% and continue to improve after having PSSD symptoms for 7 months. The only thing that cured me was time. Goes to show that this disorder is extremely varied amongst people in how it presents itself and in the possibility of recovery. The only symptom I really struggle with now is insomnia. I can only sleep in 4 hour intervals. My sleep used to be unbroken for 8-10 hours before PSSD. My sexual symptoms have nearly completely resolved, though not 100% yet.
Note: I did not suffer from genital numbness. I had extremely dry skin which made me think that the sensation of my penis had changed. I still get this dry skin from time to time but it is becoming less and less frequent. Perhaps lack of genital numbness is a very good sign in terms of recovery prospects.

Just thought I would share this to give people some hope, especially those in the early stages of this disease, as I thought my situation was beyond the possibility of recovery.
Last edited by Janzio on Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychological-Safe15

Re: Nearly 100% recovered with time

Unread post by Psychological-Safe15 »

what makes you say you have recovered 90 percent
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Deleted by admin
MrMichael

Unread post by MrMichael »

I gone to doctor because lack of selfconfidence and she gave me Paxil. I was stupid.
First dose - I had severe nausea. Told that to my doctor, and she said thats normal, just keep taking Paxil.
After seven days I couldn’t urinate normally, had to concentrate a lot to be able to urinate, I had very strange movements like I couldn’t stay in one place, I had to move my legs and arms in bed or when I sit (never had that in my life before paxil), I couldn’t sleep and rest, I yawn a lot during the day, it was terrible. After 7 days of 10 mg of Paxil I decided to stop taking it. I read on internet that I shouldn’t stop right away, but slowly decrease dose. I did that. I cut tablet to 7 mg, to 5mg, and even I remember it was like a small peace of tablet, maybe like 2 mg. After another 7 days I stopped taking Paxil.

So, I was in total 14 days on Paxil. As I was decreasing dose of Paxil, I noticed that my tip of penis started to be softer. My libido, my sexual wish, sexual drive, my erection was weaker as I was decreasing Paxil dose. First tip of my penis got softer, then half of my penis, then whole penis and my whole body become softer and not so muscular like before. I lost I think around 3 kg of muscles in very short time. My walk changed, I was walking not as firm as before, but relaxed ... Also, I noticed that I was losing my memory and concentration! I couldn’t remember some day to day thing, I had hard time remembering some numbers that I knew, it was like I had memory loss.

After stopping completely taking Paxil, TO THIS DAY, after almost 12 years I still have: decreased sexual drive, weaker erection (I had firmer and stronger erect penis before taking Paxil), my sleep is very bad, I just can’t rest well like before, can’t sleep more then 5 hours not to wake up, and after I wake up I can’t sleep. Concentration and memory did improve but its not like before Paxil. I remember then after stopping Paxil I felt that I was more aggressive, didn’t care to listen to other people what they have to say or finish their sentences. After physical activity and hard workout I cant get my muscles inflamed and feel them. If I didn’t had physical activity long time and then had hard workout, usually after hard workout everyone, and me before Paxil, would have inflamed muscles. I cant get my muscles inflamed, its like Im completlly, whole body softer then before. That’s why my walking is change,softer weaker erections, my sleep is bad, concentration bad …

I remember I did go to doctors and was talking them about all of this, nobody believed that this is because Paxil, and suggested another SSRI. I never NEVER took any medication. Then I stop going to doctors to find solution because they simply don’t know, and look for online.

Im so sorry and regret that I went to doctor for lack of selfconfidence, and I regret for taking Paxil at all. I was young and stupid, I should be smarter back them. I remember how hard was, and how bad I was feeling after I stop in total taking Paxil. It was nightmare, it was like I was sick all the time, and nobady would understand me...and nobady would know how to help me… I know now why some people choose to commit suicide. But, thank God I was little stronger and I endured, hold out back then for something like that.

So I was healthy individual before I took Paxil, and after Paxil it decreased my sexual drive, my arousal decresed and I becomes less sensitive to things like movies, music, art, my muscles relaxed and cant get them hard and inflamed after exercise, my erection is weaker, sleep is bad, …

JUST DON’T EVER TAKE ANY SSRI OR ANY OTHER DRUGS THAT CAN HAVE THIS KIND OF IMPACT ON YOU! If you end up in this kind of situation, no doctors will help, because they don’t know, they will not help you, they don’t know how to help you, they will tell you that you are crazy and so on. You are basically left alone to fight this battle … only the strongest will survive…

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
I did read some positive experiences about Inositol. But, also negative one. Im trying to understand, how to sensitive again neuron receptors that are desensitived because excess serotonin that causes Paxil. Could the Inositol be solution? Or Inositol could make things even worse. Im scared to even try it.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

Psychological-Safe15 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:53 pm what makes you say you have recovered 90 percent
Like I said, all of my initial symptoms are gone except for my insomnia and some residual sexual issues, but they seem to be getting better. Not sure if the insomnia is getting better, but the sexual side effects are almost completely gone. I'd say my sexual recovery is about 90% give or take.
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Amazing mate. Sadly you won't get much of a response on this forum as it's med heavy and rarely wanna talk about the power of natural recovery or even lifestyle in general. It's all about theorising what's going on so as to find a drug to help
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Breathdeep wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:07 pm Amazing mate. Sadly you won't get much of a response on this forum as it's med heavy and rarely wanna talk about the power of natural recovery or even lifestyle in general. It's all about theorising what's going on so as to find a drug to help
No it's not med heavy. Lots of people on here have tried natural recovery with little to no success. Yes lots of theorizing going on, why it happened, and how to fix it.
Psychological-Safe15

Unread post by Psychological-Safe15 »

THis guy took amitriptyline not SSRI, amitriptyline workes in different way , complete different.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

Psychological-Safe15 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:59 pm THis guy took amitriptyline not SSRI, amitriptyline workes in different way , complete different.
Are you referring to me? I didn't take amitriptyline, I took tramadol.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

So a little update, if I masturbate too much in a day, I regress and my symptoms get worse again. This kind of crashing has happened to me before and it is most likely temporary so I'm not too concerned. This also seems to be a unique aspect of my PSSD, because not many people suffer crashes from ejaculating too often.