12 YEARS LATER. STILL SAME.

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
MrMichael

12 YEARS LATER. STILL SAME.

Unread post by MrMichael »

I gone to doctor because lack of selfconfidence and she gave me Paxil. I was stupid.
First dose - I had severe nausea. Told that to my doctor, and she said thats normal, just keep taking Paxil.
After seven days I couldn’t urinate normally, had to concentrate a lot to be able to urinate, I had very strange movements like I couldn’t stay in one place, I had to move my legs and arms in bed or when I sit (never had that in my life before paxil), I couldn’t sleep and rest, I yawn a lot during the day, it was terrible. After 7 days of 10 mg of Paxil I decided to stop taking it. I read on internet that I shouldn’t stop right away, but slowly decrease dose. I did that. I cut tablet to 7 mg, to 5mg, and even I remember it was like a small peace of tablet, maybe like 2 mg. After another 7 days I stopped taking Paxil.

So, I was in total 14 days on Paxil. As I was decreasing dose of Paxil, I noticed that my tip of penis started to be softer. My libido, my sexual wish, sexual drive, my erection was weaker as I was decreasing Paxil dose. First tip of my penis got softer, then half of my penis, then whole penis and my whole body become softer and not so muscular like before. I lost I think around 3 kg of muscles in very short time. My walk changed, I was walking not as firm as before, but relaxed ... Also, I noticed that I was losing my memory and concentration! I couldn’t remember some day to day thing, I had hard time remembering some numbers that I knew, it was like I had memory loss.

After stopping completely taking Paxil, TO THIS DAY, after almost 12 years I still have: decreased sexual drive, weaker erection (I had firmer and stronger erect penis before taking Paxil), my sleep is very bad, I just can’t rest well like before, can’t sleep more then 5 hours not to wake up, and after I wake up I can’t sleep. Concentration and memory did improve but its not like before Paxil. I remember then after stopping Paxil I felt that I was more aggressive, didn’t care to listen to other people what they have to say or finish their sentences. After physical activity and hard workout I cant get my muscles inflamed and feel them. If I didn’t had physical activity long time and then had hard workout, usually after hard workout everyone, and me before Paxil, would have inflamed muscles. I cant get my muscles inflamed, its like Im completlly, whole body softer then before. That’s why my walking is change,softer weaker erections, my sleep is bad, concentration bad …

I remember I did go to doctors and was talking them about all of this, nobody believed that this is because Paxil, and suggested another SSRI. I never NEVER took any medication. Then I stop going to doctors to find solution because they simply don’t know, and look for online.

Im so sorry and regret that I went to doctor for lack of selfconfidence, and I regret for taking Paxil at all. I was young and stupid, I should be smarter back them. I remember how hard was, and how bad I was feeling after I stop in total taking Paxil. It was nightmare, it was like I was sick all the time, and nobady would understand me...and nobady would know how to help me… I know now why some people choose to commit suicide. But, thank God I was little stronger and I endured, hold out back then for something like that.

So I was healthy individual before I took Paxil, and after Paxil it decreased my sexual drive, my arousal decresed and I becomes less sensitive to things like movies, music, art, my muscles relaxed and cant get them hard and inflamed after exercise, my erection is weaker, sleep is bad, …

JUST DON’T EVER TAKE ANY SSRI OR ANY OTHER DRUGS THAT CAN HAVE THIS KIND OF IMPACT ON YOU! If you end up in this kind of situation, no doctors will help, because they don’t know, they will not help you, they don’t know how to help you, they will tell you that you are crazy and so on. You are basically left alone to fight this battle … only the strongest will survive…

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
I did read some positive experiences about Inositol. But, also negative one. Im trying to understand, how to sensitive again neuron receptors that are desensitived because excess serotonin that causes Paxil. Could the Inositol be solution? Or Inositol could make things even worse. Im scared to even try it.
Psychological-Safe15

Re: 12 YEARS LATER. STILL SAME.

Unread post by Psychological-Safe15 »

Even after 12 years it is same ? Are you willing to take a risk ?? Why dont you reinstate low dosage mirtazapine. It will help you sleep as well.
It is been 12 years . It is scary.
Mirtazapine is worth a risk in this case
Psychological-Safe15

Unread post by Psychological-Safe15 »

Join reddit pssd sub, you will get more response you wont feel lonely. you know this is a rough world.
Lusitanic

Unread post by Lusitanic »

I will reach the 10 years mark this year..
Hope still there. In that period, i was father for a second time..
Last medication i tried was buspar last year to no avail..
I have windows for days, weeks, sometimes a month..
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Also 12 years, no improvement.
MrMichael

Unread post by MrMichael »

Im so sorry and angry for this that happened to us!

Did you try Inositol? What do you think? Will it sensitise receptors or will just acomulate serotonin levels?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Naczoz wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:33 pm Also 12 years, no improvement.
12 years, really? https://www.survivingantidepressants.or ... -numbness/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Yes. 12 years overall. 3 years severe.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Thank you for your valuable description.

I invite guest readers to sign up and write their story, because it is very important to get noticed in some way.
so i also suggest to fill in the Rxisk report at this link https://rxisk.org/experiencing-a-drug-side-effect/ and possibly comment below the most recent posts on the PSSD.
I have reduced genital sensitivity and constant sexual dysfunction since 2013 revealed to be non-reversible upon discontinuation in 2014.
Remaining in the field of hypothesis, I think that for the reduced genital sensitivity the problem could also be at a peripheral level (small fibers, ion channels...), but when I read a more complex symptomatology like the one you described, which occurs also in cases of post finasteride and post isotretinoin syndrome, I think of the brain... even if it is not certain.
I'm reminded of this interesting hypothesis with a treatment idea, which I recommend reading. https://www.pasforum.info/threads/proge ... flynn.168/
Personally, in all these years I have preferred not to experiment for fear of making things worse.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Naczoz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:42 am Yes. 12 years overall. 3 years severe.
That's not what you said on your opening history on surviving antidepressants.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)