What's the reason why PSSD and other symptoms aren't apparent until 1 month later post discontinuation?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

What's the reason why PSSD and other symptoms aren't apparent until 1 month later post discontinuation?

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

I think this is a pattern in most people who have used SSRIs and discontinuing. The PSSD, and other symptoms such as withdrawals, anhedonia, emotional blunting, cognitive impairment, memory loss, don't show after discontinuation until at least 1 month later.

From personal experience, the subsequent days to weeks after I had cold turkey my lexapro, I felt like I was back to normal to the pre-lexapro me, and went on with my days thinking I'm special and unique because I am perfectly fine, and the situation does not align with everyone's horrid stories of long lasting changes and damages online. Almost exactly after 1 month, it hit me, PSSD, anhedonia, low motivation, memory loss, cognition impairment, a massive drop and decline in video gaming performance. What's going on here? Why exactly 1 month later? A friend of mine also had a similar experience but with other drugs such as amphetamine, he had been taking it for a year or so on a daily basis, and he suddenly stopped one day and felt fine for a while until 1 month later, he crashed or something and felt absolute dread and brain dead, this makes me think maybe it's not SSRI related, but something universal to all human.
Myo

Re: What's the reason why PSSD and other symptoms aren't apparent until 1 month later post discontinuation?

Unread post by Myo »

my symptoms started two or two and a half months after stopping sertraline completely.
FindGoodNickname

Re: What's the reason why PSSD and other symptoms aren't apparent until 1 month later post discontinuation?

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

The same for me: 1 month after withdrawal.

I ran a poll about that on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... _symptoms/After which time did PSSD (with all symptoms that you have now) start for you?
Psychological-Safe15

Unread post by Psychological-Safe15 »

myo exactly mine also started 2 and half month after stopping fluoxetine