Interested to hear from anyone that improved significantly, after years of pssd

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Breathdeep

Interested to hear from anyone that improved significantly, after years of pssd

Unread post by Breathdeep »

As per title, I'm quite interested in hearing recovery stories from those who took a long time(many years )to recover. Especially natural recoveries but open to hearing any really

I am occasionally checking Reddit but I find it swamped by people who have just realised they have pssd. Usually they are only months in.

Sometimes I read recovery stories but they're often in the first two years and I'm losing hope a little at 3+years.
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
G_Kone85

Re: Interested to hear from anyone that improved significantly, after years of pssd

Unread post by G_Kone85 »

I have had PSSD for 22 years and have been medication-free for 12 years. The pills have caused so much damage that I have not been able to recover on my own. I have been taking ibogaine for over 3 months and am now combining it with St. John's wort. I am enjoying myself more than ever. If things continue like this, I will probably be cured in the future.
Determined-Mind

Re: Interested to hear from anyone that improved significantly, after years of pssd

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

I'm a woman, I'm 30 and I've had sexual dysfunction since probably at least adolescence (complex trauma = chronic stress during childhood + adolescence).

I improved with 150 mg bupropion alone and 300 mg bupropion + 20 mg buspirone). I then experienced a worsening and I suspect a paradoxical reaction to the post-synaptic agonist flibanserin.

Before the medication, my physical anhedonia was complete in the vagina and severe but not complete in the clitoris and breasts.

After my crash (and the cessation of all medication), the physical anhedonia is complete for the clitoris and breasts, but has also extended to other parts of my body (thighs, belly, arms, back, etc). My sexual behaviors have also diminished (like masturbation).

I started lithium 2 weeks ago and yesterday I noticed my first improvements in my physical anhedonia (+ other sexual aspects)!

Here my story : https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=5749

I have reported success stories with particular substances here: https://coda.io/d/Treatment-options-for ... Onz#_lufhE
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

See my sig
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread